Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #1 
djembekah

Story behind the Username!

I've noticed that it's kind of hard to tell what people's names might mean on here. Something as simple as a person's initials can be confused for a whole word!

So my username has been confused once in awhile to something along the lines of "dj em bekah" when that's not what i was going for at all! So i thought I'd share the story behind it- and how it's actually pronounced.

My name is Rebekah, and I go by Bekah for short (as many probably have figured out by now!) The reason i went for djembekah is because i play a rad hand drum called a djembe (pronounced jem-bay)! So it just made sense to me- djembe+bekah=djembekah!

the pronunciation is "jem-beh-kah" just so you all know. i am not a DJ as it has sometimes been asked xD

So, what's the story behind your username! Is it a long story, or just something that popped into your head? Name of pets? your name? Please share!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #2 
registereduser

I think mine is self explanatory

people have called me "registered" or "user" but I prefer RU or Reggie.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:17 PM   #3 
TheCrabbyTabby

I am an avid lover of cats and crabs of all kinds. I am also kind of crabby sometimes.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:59 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm on the drama team at my church so I chose dramaqueen. I guess sometimes I can be kind of dramatic. lol I was once told by a member who has since been banned that the name suited me. lol That wasn't why she was banned though. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:17 AM   #5 
vilmarisv

Nothing fancy with mine... my name is Vilmaris and the "v" is the first letter of my last name.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #6 
djembekah

cool ^-^
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #7 
tpocicat

Around 1987 I raised and showed Ocicats, my initials are tp, put them together and you have tpocicat!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #8 
SpookyTooth

I usually go by the name "Grey", I have grey eyes and this nickname stuck quite well but when I registered with Bettafish.com I didn't realize that it was sister site to Tropicalfishkeeping.com so I ended up using a different name as Grey was taken. I only realized recently that I still had my old account over at TFK and that is why I couldn't use "Grey" here... heh.

But SpookyTooth? One of our cats (when particularly content) has a habit of having a single canine poking through her lips while being sprawled out upside down. We refer to this tooth as as "spooky tooth" and thus the nickname was born but it has developed a little... beyond that.

Spooky Tooth was also a character I used to play when I was into gaming; she was a little... detached from reality but this made her very loveable apparently. I had also been told on occasion that I played the character so well that people thought I was genuinely insane, the actual truth though is that (while I do have a level of craziness) I'm honestly a level-headed, down to earth person most of the time.

... or I try to be at least.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #9 
misty1477

I love the 'spooky tooth' story. I can just picture how she looks

Jeepers Fish ... I don't remember how I came up with my 'name' I have been using it for such a long time on various sites.
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #10 
mplsmommy

Mine comes from where I live Minneapolis, and that I'm a mommy to a wonderful little boy who is going to be the big 1 tomorrow!!!
mplsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote