Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2012, 02:16 AM   #1 
Jully

Exclamation Mollies fighting?

So, I recently bought 4 mollies, one jumped out of the tank after the second day (unknown reason) now the last 3 mollies are still alive and healthy but today I was looking at them and my favorite who I believe is a female, who's all white is a nice girl (or boy) and when I was down stairs a few minutes ago, I believe the orange male when she comes near him he chases her then tries to bite her? But when he's near the black & white mollie, he let's (s)he near him but when Snow (the white one) goes near the orange on he chases her away and tries to bite her?

I believe the black one may be a male, and the white one might be a girl, and the black one might be a girl but do you know what can stop this? I tried to break it up but I scooped my white girl out and tried to move her to Moon's tank (my bettas 3 gallon) I floated her and tested to see if he would flare up, and of course he did but it was worth a shot I just needed a temp place for her to say until that male calms down.

Or are they fighting for alpha or that type of stuff? Or for breeding reasons?!?!

(Sorry if this isn't really betta related, I want to add female bettas but I don't want to have more problems like this, and my tank is 55 gallon and only 2 guppies live in there, 3 mollies, and 5 neon tetras (was 6 but one recently died, same with the guppies, we will get more when we have the time) And yes, I have an extra 10g - 15g backup.

I am soon going to add some female bettas one I plant more plants and add more silk plants (tank is 55g) but I want to get this issue solved first.

Also I believe one of the guppies follow the silver one around, and looks at her a lot or the black one, I am not quite sure.

Last edited by Jully; 09-27-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Jully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:33 AM   #2 
Jully

[Correction, snow is actually a male (the silver one) and the orange one is a male too, and the black one is a female]

The black female swims near the orange one a lot, and close to him but when the silver goes near him or the black one I believe he rushes to him & bites him or something. Is this because the orange guy already claimed the black girl, so he is stopping him from mating? I honestly do not know what's going on, and I don't know how to take care of molly fries after, this is my first time owning mollies.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #3 
Jully

Would it be fine to put female bettas in, or wait till this issue is solved...

Tags
fighting?, mollies