Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #1 
Hahenry22

Mini filtration systems

Hi! I'm new to this site and I've tried to hunt around for an answer to this question before posting, so I'm sorry if this is has already been asked.

I recently bought two new betta males for my two 1 gallon tanks. I know most people recommend at least two gallons, however, I am dilligent about water changes and always look for a healthy but smaller fish. I was wondering though if anyone had a recommendation for a small filtration system. I still plan to change the water when I should but I love my little guys and was just thinking that a filter wouldn't be a bad idea.

I have had bettas in these tanks before and they thrived with very little care other than feeding and water changes (one lived for 1 year and the other lived for almost two). I am currently trying to expand my knowledge of bettas so I can provide them with the best care possible.

Thank you to anyone who has time to help me!
Hahenry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #2 
sarahspins

I like these: http://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Inter...8776885&sr=8-1

The outflow is easily baffled buy using the spray bar with foam wrapped around if you feel that you need it.
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #3 
Hahenry22

Thank you for the response! That is actually the filtration system I have been considering because it looks like it will fit well on my tank. I'm glad to know it's a good choice!
Hahenry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #4 
goldfishyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahenry22 View Post
Thank you for the response! That is actually the filtration system I have been considering because it looks like it will fit well on my tank. I'm glad to know it's a good choice!

Just know that it will not look like the picture when you get it. Instead of the clear smoke color plastic it will be a solid black. The foam will be white instead of the cool yellow.
goldfishyman is offline   Reply With Quote