Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #1 
LadyVictorian

Name That Frog

Okay guys, so I went to a LFS today and I saw the ADF's and they were so tiny and cute. I have been talking about getting Aquaman some shrimp friends and lately he has been pretty bored so I got an ADF (almost got a blonde ADF but their tank seemed pretty skinny) so there you have it, I got a little spotted ADF who looks like he is just a baby. I don't know how to tell genders but I assume it's a boy however I heard somewhere if they have a small nub of a tail then it's female. Anyways I am trying to name this little ADF and I can't pick a name so far so I came here for help.

Boy Names:
Bilbo
Frodo

Female:
Namari
Kira
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #2 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Frodo or Namari :)

Congrats!

Also, you could go on google translate to try and customise his/her name into a different language!!!

CONGRATS!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #3 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Male ADFs actually have white pimples behind their arm pits while females don't. Don't know where that tail thing came from.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #4 
homegrown terror

look under the frog's arms. if you see a white spot its armpit, it's a boy, if not, it's a girl. we've already got two bettas named Frodo and Sam, were thinking of getting them some ADF's and naming them Smeagol and Deagol (aka Gollum and Gollum's dead brother)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
Also, you could go on google translate to try and customise his/her name into a different language!!
haha, nice to know SOMEBODY remembers my posts :p
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #5 
LadyVictorian

It's 100% male, SQUEEEEE that was what I asked the lady for too because I wanted to have a male so he can sing. I wonder if he will sing even if there is no females around? Also can you keep ghost shrimp with a betta and ADF? I still wanted to get 2 but can never find them however the lady at the shop said it was a very bad idea. If it can fit in it's mouth then they will eat them. Has anyone ever had good luck with that? Eventually Aquarius and nameless male fropg will move into a 10 gal. I think then I may get a blonde ADF to live with my other ADF since I hear they do best when they have other ADF's. Till then they are going to be friends together. When I eventually have a 10 gal can two males live together? ADF's that is or would I have to get a girl?
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote