Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #21 
sareena79

man if I were u I would call up there now that u have him and demand the # for corporate and tell them how they lied to u, thats crazy. here u were wanting to give it a good home and they denied u just to put it back on the shelf when u left! cant wait to see pix. glad u got him :)
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #22 
phoenix91

Oh trust me there are going to be complaints made, and i won't be shopping there again. Luckily there are 3 other petstores i can buy can food from plus i can get it online, they won't be getting my money again. When they took him away i was heartbroken, i thought i'd signed this fishes death warrant.

He's colouring up real nice, his mustache is now lipstick :)

I'm going to make him a thread in the betta photos section to track his changes but i'll post a few pics here.

See how his tails sort of bent down... not sure if this is a defect or if it'll straighten up once he's back to full health.

Name:  photo (7).jpg
Views: 62
Size:  31.9 KB

Name:  photo (9).jpg
Views: 62
Size:  32.8 KB

He's still in his cup acclimating, i'm doing it nice ad slow so i don't stress him out. Plus i measured the ammonia in his cup, it wasn't really high but it wasn't so low either. It feels like they took him into the back and maybe changed out some of his water before they put him back on the shelf. Who knows though.

Oh, and i melted my filers motor when i was cleaning it, it didn't like the boiled water apparently.
phoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #23 
sareena79

his lips are funny!!! congrats on the new addition. hope his back gets better, keep us posted with pics!
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #24 
phoenix91

Heeeeheee his lips are really funny! His tail is turning pink too! I hope his back gets better too, he has this weird shuffle type of movement when he swims.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #25 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Love the betta.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #26 
misty1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix91 View Post
Thanks. My boss is also my dad so he's a bit of a pushover :)
Lucky you
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #27 
misty1477

His tail might just be bent from being in the damn cup ... bad pet stores ... bad bad bad.

Like your story about what you went through to finally get him ... very determined Betta Lover you are

He looks like he will be just fine with you taking good care of him. Keep us posted.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #28 
phoenix91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Love the betta.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1477 View Post
Lucky you
His tail might just be bent from being in the damn cup ... bad pet stores ... bad bad bad.

Like your story about what you went through to finally get him ... very determined Betta Lover you are

He looks like he will be just fine with you taking good care of him. Keep us posted.[/quote]

Hopefully that's the reason. I mean he gets along fine with it so if it doesn't straighten out i don't think it'll bother him too much.

Thanks. I couldn't just leave him, he looked so pitiful. Well he spit out his pellets this morning but ate bloodworms instead, this little fish is quickly wrapping me around his little fin :)
Old 10-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #29 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I think it depends on place if they treat them. My petco treats fish as soon as possible. They have quarantine tanks.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #30 
misty1477

Quote:
Well he spit out his pellets this morning but ate bloodworms instead, this little fish is quickly wrapping me around his little fin :)
Hmmm...looks like he prefers "treats"

Oh yeah... they all wrap us around their little fins. My Sparkle is spoiled rotten....just like my cats!!!