Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #1 
Hassled

Question on Betta(s)

I can't tell if my betta is acting normal, sick, or just has an odd personality.

My tank is 5 gallon heated and filtered. I ran out of testing kits but everything is always normal, and I have done nothing different, so until I can get more testing kits I will say everything is normal.

Okay, so in my tank, my heater is near the top of the tank, and my betta sits on it quite a bit, probably more than I think he should be. While he is sitting on the heater he makes huge bubble nests, he does swim around, but again, I think it is less often then he should. He doesn't have any signs that I can tell of bloating or internal parasites. So am I just too paranoid? Is he just obsessed with bubble nests?
Hassled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #2 
kevinbacon

Sounds like pretty normal behavior to me. I would keep an eye on him though for any sings of sickness.
kevinbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #3 
DragonFish

Yup, it sounds like fairly normal behavior to me. I've found that often when I have a boy who is actively nesting, he'll stick to that area of the tank for the most part. Also, I find that once my boys have been in their environment a while they stop exploring as much....still swim around of course, but they don't actively explore everything.

I'd say so long as your guy is eating, readily interacting with you, and he appears physically healthy(good colors, no clamped or torn finnage) there isn't too much to worry about. ;)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote