Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-12-2012, 12:23 AM   #101 
wah543

He doesn't really notice the pellets still because their on top, he notices daphnia because they like spread everywhere and when I saw him pooping right now he was acting more active than he was before, maybe the parasite guards are working, the poops not stringy anymore, but I just turned his light off because its late at night here, maybe he just doesn't like the combination of the parasite guard and epsom salt, do you think I should stop using them soon?
wah543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #102 
sunlight

This will be last dose of the medications so hopefully you don't have to medicate him any more. I meant if last dose of medications for 2 days, so just finish it and then at the end of the treatment do 50% water change. Then next day do another 50% water change so we get rid of medications slowly . About epsom salt -is he still bloated? If he is don't stop it yet. Epsom salt helps pass the worms out of the system. So lets just wait make sure he is not bloated anymore.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #103 
wah543

He's still slightly bloated, today he didn't notice the pellet when I put it in and it sank to the bottom again, but I do have good news today he was up and swimming around his favorite spot behind the filter
Old 10-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #104 
sunlight

well at least he us eating daphnia and i read it good source of protein. I hope he will start eating pellets again ...
Old 10-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #105 
wah543

Saw him pooping again, no stringyness still, would that mean all the parasites are gone? he's still bloated a little but it's definitely looking smaller each day, he's not 100% back to his normal active self yet though
Old 10-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #106 
sunlight

sorry for saying that, but i don't think anyone can assure you that they gone 100% . I mean actually all fish has parasites, but when immune system is weak they attack the body. So we can only hope. He still in medicated water and + epsom salt so lets hope for the best. I kind of don't understand why he is lethargic though. He is not pine coning right? Still eating daphnia? Still swimming a little bit or all the time on the bottom ?
Old 10-13-2012, 12:01 AM   #107 
wah543

No pine coning at all, he's eating and still moving around every now and then, but I just noticed this after changing the water, there looks like a red sore or something on his body and I'm not sure what it is, maybe he scraped it or something when netting him out of the tank
Old 10-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #108 
sunlight

make sure it not getting worse. So if it just from this morning i guess tomorrow you will see if it still the same or worse.Epsom salt has antibacterial affect so it also will help. But i am not sure what the cause of it. If he just scraped himself like you wrote then epsom salt will help to prevent infection. I don't use a net so i can see how it can happened. I using a cup to scoop them. Which sometimes is difficult but i used to it already .
Old 10-13-2012, 12:53 AM   #109 
wah543

I try cupping him, but he's too quick and runs into a corner, and on the box of the parasite guard it said that was a symptom of parasites, could he still have the parasites?
Old 10-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #110 
sunlight

how he doing? Not sure, i read a lot of post when people were treating with medications but non of them has sores. And i also read that person who was helping with the same problem to someone else wrote that if one medication didn't help use another one. But i think if you saying his poo normal color he might be ok.
How is that rad sore?
People on the forum saying that all our fish has internal parasites which is normal for fish. It just when fish immune system is weak then it attack the body .