Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #61 
wah543

Ok I got the anti parasitic tetra tablets I'll put that in, and I have been doing daily water changes and have been acclimating him each time, he still been eating the daphnia though, so it's not like he's not eating at all yet, I'll go use the tablet now
wah543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #62 
Pogthefish

I read that you can use epsom salt indefinitely because it is not real salt. It is magnesium sulfate.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #63 
CTBettaLover

Can anyone here help me with my betta's scary bloat!?!? Its terrible and I don't know what to do1 I have been treating him with epsom salt in a q. tank for about a week-10 days now and it isn't getting any better. It might even be getting worse! I dont want him to die but I am afraid to medicate without knowing the problem. He is acting pretty normal and still wants to eat although I have been feeding him very very sparingly since his massive bloat appeared. It grew over the past 3 weeks and seemed to come out of nowhere in the beginning. He is not pineconing yet so I think I might still have a chance to save him.
I posted about it a while ago but have received very little feed back. Please take a look if you have the time. I am in desperate need of some guidance and different perspectives!!! Here is the link:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=115527&page=2
CTBettaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #64 
wah543

today I noticed his stomach has gotten smaller, I think the those parasite gaurd tablets are really working
Old 10-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #65 
sunlight

keep treating with whole course of it. Did you see his poo again? Sometimes i see people using medications even longer then recommendations on the box. It confusing sometimes you might think fish is better and then later he will get them again so just make sure full dose full course.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #66 
wah543

On the box it says that treatment may be repeated up to two times with 48 hours between treatment and a 25% water change, does that mean that after I do a water change today because of the epsom salt I shouldn't use the parasite guard again, until I do a water change again tomorrow then use it and then not use it again after that? and his stomach has gotten smaller but it still looks a little bloated and he's gotten inactive after I used the parasite guard, should that be something to be worried about, and I didn't see his poop since then, I'm not sure if he pooped yet or not
Old 10-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #67 
sunlight

About medications yes add the dose again. But take time to climate him. It weird that he got inactive. How is he doing right now? Is he eating? I know a few people who use that medications but didn't have any problems. It parasite guard by tetra? I would not think that he got inactive is due to medications.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #68 
wah543

It is the Tetra parasite guard, and he was eating yesterday, I haven't tried feeding him yet today, I'm not home right now, I will be home in a little bit and then I'm to change the water and the feed him daphnia. Quick question, should I use the tablet again today or should I do it tomorrow with the water change when it's been 48 hours?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #69 
sunlight

you really can use it today since you going to change him. It really not making any difference it will be the same dose of medications. So change him today with salt and medications. He should not get worse because of medications.
How many times a day you are feeding him?
I just giving you instructions that i gave someone else who treated internal parasites before. His betta did good with that treatment. So i know there is no harm by doing that.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #70 
wah543

I'm feeding him daphnia once a day, I think I know why he wasn't too active I might have accidentally hit the temperature switch on the heater and it got warmer than usual, but his stomach is getting better, it's smaller than it was before I started using the tablets