Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #11 
phoenix91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
I love his black lips and light fins...looks "Goth" lol..just a thought! Congrats!
Me too! He looks grey on his body but it's blue irl, and today his tail fin is so much pinker. He does look pretty goth. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
He is flashy!! You should be proud of this find :)
I'll make sure to tell him, he's still a bit shy although he's eating like a champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhauser View Post
haha he has a stash! Thats hilarious. I bought a HMPK from Junglist that has a stash as well and I decided to name him Pancho! lol nice find
He does! I've wanted a stache fish for ages but never saw one, then i saw this boy in trouble so his stache is a bonus. Aww, pancho is a great name. This boys going to get Igor for his gimpy tail fin and his odd shuffle swim.
phoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #12 
phoenix91

Update. Day 4 in his new house and it might just be me but this is the laziest fish i have ever come across. He just floats, he's a major floater. He has the occasional burst of energy and then goes back to floating. I suspect betta depression and loneliness, so i gave him dog.

Name:  igor and dog.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  35.1 KB

Apparently Igor and dog had a lot to talk about this morning, he looked almost like he was begging for food.

That's another thing, when he first came he was eating like a champ but now he's spitting pellets out. I crushed one up this morning thinking they might be too big and he did have some but not a lot.

Is his lack of energy just new home anxiety? or is he just resting and conserving energy because he's recovering? He's not clamping his fins and i can't see any other signs of illness. It also can't be water quality because in 4 days he's already had 2 wcs.

Name:  igor1.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  36.1 KB

^^ you can see the extent of the gimpy tail fin and wonky back. Maybe that's why he likes to float because swimming is hard work. He has zero interest in flaring although did want to snuggle with the mirror when i put it up next to the tank.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #13 
Knitterly

I love the mustache! One of my boys looks like he got into someone's lipstick and did a horrible job putting it on.

Knitterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #14 
phoenix91

Igor's colouring up, or darkening down.. :) He's also got a metallic tint to his blue.

Name:  igor.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  42.7 KB

However, he's not eating great. He spits out pellets and is even spiting out frozen bloodworms now. He's looking a bit skinny to me, not too bad but i'm a bit worried about his lack of eating. Anyone think thawed mysis or brine might be a good idea?

I've tried crushing the pellets and i've tried putting some garlic in them. My poor guy!

He ripped his tail getting spooked by the filter, oddly enough he's enjoying sitting under the sponge baffle and having the water waft him :D

He's also a lot more active than when he first came which is nice to see.

Last edited by phoenix91; 10-08-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #15 
phoenix91

More pics of my pretty boy

Name:  photo (10).jpg
Views: 49
Size:  30.7 KB

Name:  photo (6).jpg
Size:  31.4 KB

Name:  photo (5).jpg
Size:  28.2 KB

I also figured out how to get him to eat, he likes to be fed with a little syringe so he can snatch the food from the hole. Go figure, it works though, he was snatching blood worms tonight.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #16 
XxXMermaidzXxX

His tail looks GREAT! Nice job! You do soooo well with bettas!
“I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again.”
~ William Penn
XxXMermaidzXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #17 
phoenix91

Yeah his tail is looking better, he has a small rip which happened when he snagged his tail on the sponge of the filter but even that looks like it's healing up.

I discovered too that he likes to be a predator, he won't eat unless the food wiggles so he's been having a lot of frozen blood worms that dance in the tank.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #18 
phoenix91

It's been a while since i updated about Igor but now seems like a good time. He's doing great, he got through my 9 day vacation to the Uk under my dads watchful care and i've finally found a food he likes after trying pretty much every brand out there.

He's pretty hard to get a photo of since he's so active so this is the best i could do.

He's changed colour again and his tail seems to be straightening out slightly; he's mostly lost his lipstick and any pink/white he had.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #19 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Oh wow he is a beauty ! He has a nice home and love the kitty sticker !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #20 
phoenix91

Thanks, he's turned out to be a pretty boy. The kitty sticker is covering marks from the thermometer that won't come off, i think it adds a touch of class :D