Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2015, 01:16 PM   #1 
starlight910

Azoo Mignon Filter 60?

Hi!
I've been wanting to order a filter for my 4 gallon betta tank and I think I'll be getting the Azoo Mignon 60 filter, do you think that it would be good for my 4 gallon? Also, some of the reviews say that the filter media and sponge it comes with is not that good and that they got some better ones separately, should I do this as well? Also, any other recommendations are welcome, I just want to get a filter to start cycling as soon as I can! By the way, here's the link
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005VE...3aL&ref=plSrch
Thanks in advance!
starlight910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:24 AM   #2 
amcoffeegirl

I have used that filter before it's good. My go to filter for all my 5 gallons is the finnex pf-5. It's very similar to the azoo.
If I remember correctly the azoo is a little smaller.
You can use a sponge or media you like in the filter.
I think the sponge it comes with is good. Over time they would need replaced but should last a long time.

Last edited by amcoffeegirl; 05-03-2015 at 10:27 AM.
amcoffeegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:09 PM   #3 
starlight910

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcoffeegirl View Post
I have used that filter before it's good. My go to filter for all my 5 gallons is the finnex pf-5. It's very similar to the azoo.
If I remember correctly the azoo is a little smaller.
You can use a sponge or media you like in the filter.
I think the sponge it comes with is good. Over time they would need replaced but should last a long time.
Alright! Thanks for the information! Is this the filter you mentioned? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004NP...jGL&ref=plSrch
I might purchase it instead, as the price of the azoo filter is a bit higher and I would like to buy filters for both of my tanks.

Last edited by starlight910; 05-03-2015 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:31 PM   #4 
amcoffeegirl

Yes that is it. It may be a little cheaper on an auction site.
Also it has adjustable flow. The azoo does also.
I enjoy all the finnex products. I like the stingray light for low tech set ups. All of my tanks have live plants of some sort.
amcoffeegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:16 PM   #5 
Pinkieswear

I bought 2 here a couple weeks ago for like $7+ shipping. One for my 5.5 and one for my cat. LOL i was hoping to keep her out of the fish tanks if i gave her her own clean water tank... She's still drinking out of every body of water she can find. including your glass... -_-

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...fm?pcatid=9821
Pinkieswear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:31 PM   #6 
starlight910

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcoffeegirl View Post
Yes that is it. It may be a little cheaper on an auction site.
Also it has adjustable flow. The azoo does also.
I enjoy all the finnex products. I like the stingray light for low tech set ups. All of my tanks have live plants of some sort.
Cool! I'm also looking into adding live plants as well, so I'll look into that! Thanks again!
Old 05-03-2015, 02:35 PM   #7 
starlight910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkieswear View Post
I bought 2 here a couple weeks ago for like $7+ shipping. One for my 5.5 and one for my cat. LOL i was hoping to keep her out of the fish tanks if i gave her her own clean water tank... She's still drinking out of every body of water she can find. including your glass... -_-

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...fm?pcatid=9821
Thanks that's a great price! And haha what a funny cat.