Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM   #1 
documentryofmylittlefry

Exclamation What size?

I have my 1st ever adopted baby fry in a 0.5 gallon tank with a heater (82 degrees) and I'm pretty sure he/she is a girl, and I need to purchase a grow out tank this week. What size, plz no hate comments tho, I researched my butt off, and know how hard it is to successfully raise a single fry!
Attached Images

documentryofmylittlefry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

A 2.5, 5, or 10 gallon tank would all work quite well, or you could always go larger.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM   #3 
Cacique

Is this going to be a forever home? If not, do you plan on raising more fry afterwards? My thoughts would be on something like a 5 or a 10 gallon just to make it easier to have all set up and cycled, would make it healthier for the fry I would imagine as it would keep the parameters more stable, then maybe add a sponge filter and the heater of course.

I've never raised a fry, but I would imagine more stable water parameters from a cycled tank would make it easier on you. If you won't keep the fry and he'll be re-homed, it could be something you could re-use.
Cacique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM   #4 
Jonthefish

I'm not going to hate ! Congrats on your first fry !! He/she is adorable , so tiny ! I would say a one gallon or bigger is ideal :3

What are you naming her ? Just curious .
Also , if you have any other questions ask away :3
Jonthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM   #5 
documentryofmylittlefry

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonthefish View Post
I'm not going to hate ! Congrats on your first fry !! He/she is adorable , so tiny ! I would say a one gallon or bigger is ideal :3

What are you naming her ? Just curious .
Also , if you have any other questions ask away :3
Thx so much for ur info, um not sure yet actually
Um also can I feed her bloodworms, some sites say yes, some books say no... Thx
Old Yesterday, 11:57 PM   #6 
documentryofmylittlefry

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacique View Post
Is this going to be a forever home? If not, do you plan on raising more fry afterwards? My thoughts would be on something like a 5 or a 10 gallon just to make it easier to have all set up and cycled, would make it healthier for the fry I would imagine as it would keep the parameters more stable, then maybe add a sponge filter and the heater of course.

I've never raised a fry, but I would imagine more stable water parameters from a cycled tank would make it easier on you. If you won't keep the fry and he'll be re-homed, it could be something you could re-use.
Thx for the info, I am planning on only buying one more tank, so yes the grow out tank I end up buying will be the hopefully forever home, um thx very much for the info again
Old Yesterday, 11:57 PM   #7 
documentryofmylittlefry

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
A 2.5, 5, or 10 gallon tank would all work quite well, or you could always go larger.
Thx
Old Today, 02:30 AM   #8 
bluenail

2.5 is your minimum, but I would go for at least 4. The bigger the tank the easier it is to keep it maintained and a 2.5 is just a whole lot of work. 2.5s are also harder to find filters and heaters that are really appropriate for them, and you will need to be very careful on both of those until she is an adult.

Don't forget to acclimate!
bluenail is online now   Reply With Quote