Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM   #1 
Joshaeus

Indoor pond for wilds

'ello all! I am considering, in the future, getting a 4 foot, roughly 6 inch deep water depth, rigid kiddie pool and using it to keep wild bettas. Assuming a taller wall was put around the pool to prevent kamikaze fish from meeting their doom, do you think this setup would work well? How well does the plastic used in rigid kiddie pools hold up to acidic water?
Joshaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM   #2 
Blue Fish

I don't know about the water acidity...but I know that many goldfish breeders use the kiddie pools for breeding and grow-outs. Maybe try a goldfish-specific forum?

Interesting concept though! :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM   #3 
Betta Nut

Someone else posted this a few months ago, but if I ever did an indoor pond for bettas, it would sooooo be like this one! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkfWg35lgXU
Betta Nut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM   #4 
Ciel101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Nut View Post
Someone else posted this a few months ago, but if I ever did an indoor pond for bettas, it would sooooo be like this one! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkfWg35lgXU
Damn, I want one for my betta's!!
Ciel101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM   #5 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I don't think it's a bad idea, my biggest problem would be that wilds are crazy jumpers so something significant would have to be rigged up to prevent that and that a top view wouldn't be my first choice for viewing wilds, but that's not a big deal

No clue about how the plastic would hold up (do you know the specific plastic it would be made up of?) in acidic water but unless you have very acidic water or a sensitive material I wouldn't anticipate it being a huge issue.

What species are you looking at keeping?
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote