Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #201 
ANHEL123

Not sure about siphon because i don't use it. I just do the water changes without that. But when you do water change you need to rinse the filter
To do this, first you want to get a container and put some tank water in it. (NEVER use tap or new water as this will kill your marvelous bacteria colony you have waited so patiently to grow.) Remove the air line and tubing from the sponge. Place the sponge in the container of tank water and gently squeeze a few times. Replace the tube and air line and reset into tank.

And when you do full water change you need to acclimate your betta to the new water to make sure you don't shock him with the temp difference.
Do you need instructions on acclimation?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #202 
Jovancheck

I don't need, i watched it on YouTube, and i just moved him today to that tank, but now he seems to be a little stressed although i acclimated him first...poor guy :(
Jovancheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #203 
ANHEL123

Is he ok now or still stressed?
What are the symptoms?
If he is not doing good, lethargic, refusing to eat, laying on the bottom make another thread in the disease section so more people can see it and help you.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #204 
Jovancheck

Well he is a little better now...He is swiming for a while, and then he hides in his hole and lays on the bottom....he was much more active these days...so i'm little woried...he eats like always, so that is not a problem...And another thing, his fins are not spread as they were until now..i assume that it's just adaptation to a new environment..
Old 09-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #205 
Jovancheck

Thumbs down

Today he is still depressed...I made a thread as you told me....So please help us if you can
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=266306
Old 11-16-2013, 04:41 AM   #206 
AkiBetta

Thank you!

It's been a while since I had betta's and when I did, never knew about this site! This helped answering my long time favorite question "How often do I clean the tank!"
AkiBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #207 
countyrd419

Good evening Jovancheck. Did you treat your water with a water treatment before you added your fish back to the tank? If you didn't, it maybe why your fish is listless. Tap water contains chlorine and other additives which are not safe for our betta fishes. The decholorinator treatments such as API Stress Coat helps to remove unwanted additives for our betta fish tanks. You get API water treatments at Petsmart, Petco or Walmart. Hope this helps you out. Happy swimming. Also, post a picture of your betta fish so that a more experience betta fish owner can see what is wrong and reply back to you. Good night.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #208 
Oldfishlady

FYI-After conducting more experiments -I no longer agree with my first findings and recommendation that are written in this sticky-
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #209 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
FYI-After conducting more experiments -I no longer agree with my first findings and recommendation that are written in this sticky-
uh-oh! Will you write a new one?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #210 
Sakura8

OFL, won't you please elaborate on your new findings?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote