Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #281 
crash37

Ok, so, if I were to do a 100% wc every Monday and Thursday using stress coat, in a 1g heated, non filtered tank, would that be good? My betta lives in my office so I'm not around on weekends to clean him.
Posted via Mobile Device
crash37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:53 PM   #282 
futbol1

Yes, that should be fine. Since the Stresscoat neutralizes ammonia for 24-48 hours (as Hallyx said,) that will keep the water in good shape between your 100% changes. Just try to baste out the poop and any excess food on Fridays, right before you leave work (maybe keep a turkey baster somewhere there) and you should be good to go until Monday:)
Posted via Mobile Device
futbol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #283 
crash37

Quote:
Originally Posted by futbol1 View Post
Yes, that should be fine. Since the Stresscoat neutralizes ammonia for 24-48 hours (as Hallyx said,) that will keep the water in good shape between your 100% changes. Just try to baste out the poop and any excess food on Fridays, right before you leave work (maybe keep a turkey baster somewhere there) and you should be good to go until Monday:)
Posted via Mobile Device
Awesome. Thanks so much for your help!!! Any other good advice for keeping a good 1g?
Posted via Mobile Device
crash37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #284 
ANHEL123

Looks like everyone resolve their concerns:) I always follow all posts in this thread. Thank you futbol and Hallyx i am blushing and flattered:)
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #285 
DenaTaggart

Please help. Need help with a cloudy tank

Not sure what is wrong or what to do to fix. My 2.5 gallon filtered split tank all of a sudden turned really cloudy and has green alge growing in it. I took the water to PetCo for testing and they said it is perfect. What is up with this?????
PLEASE HELP
DenaTaggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #286 
DenaTaggart

Thanks for all the information. Here is my new planted 10 gallon and my new sweet boy Nemo.
Attached Images

DenaTaggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:38 AM   #287 
futbol1

Sorry no one responded back to you.

I'm not familiar with planted tanks (I have silk plants in mine) so I can't offer any advice to you. Maybe the algae is being caused by your live plants??

As long as your water tested out fine, and your Betta seems healthy, I wouldn't worry too much. Just maybe clean your tank out more often.

You could always start a thread about this in the diseases and emergency section- You will definitley get more responses there.

Your fish is very pretty-good luck!
futbol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #288 
FirstBetta

Live plants usually help with the containment of algae by out competing for the available nutrients. How long are the lights on in the tank? Algae can be controlled by reducing the light and/or the nutrients available to them.

I've discovered that food that the fish doesn't eat will be come food for the plants and/or algae. If you treat the algae like you would a live plant it usually can be contained.

Last edited by FirstBetta; 04-08-2014 at 12:39 PM.
FirstBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:32 AM   #289 
ANHEL123

+1
Dena Nemo is beautiful ! Is he the one who was in that 2.5 gall tank?
How much water changes you planning to do in your 10 gall tank?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:44 PM   #290 
myexplodingcat

I have a 1.4 gal with a filter and a small java fern and I'm doing half water changes every two or three days. I use filtered tap water that's been left to stand for two or three days (I refill my pitcher after a water change), but no water conditioner. Is that about right? It seems to be keeping the tank clean and non-smelly so far, but I haven't had it long.
myexplodingcat is offline   Reply With Quote