Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #11 
tanseattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
They are not to differnet to breed imo... You will not produce any giants unless the female is carying the giant gene in her. But breeding back offspring to the father would produce some rather nice marbled giants. The male isnt much to look at form wise but that female would help create better form. And what is your conditioning like for the male and female? I have had agressive males before and I have learned that you have to treat them a little differnetly before they can be bred without killing the female acidentally.
Right now the are in the divider tank with red cover. They will be allowed to see one another 2x a day. On the morning they ate pellet and evening blood worm. That is all to it. Both of them are aggressive to me.

My last spawn the male did not even touch the female. They were so peaceful. I now still have over 100 fries at 7 weeks and 5 days.
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #12 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Remember do not feed the male while caring for eggs so live food and a large meal help prepare for egg raising.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #13 
Mo

All these new and interesting Breeds and colors wouldn't be created if it weren't for crossing other colors or tail types in some cases CB.. It's not always a bad idea.. I would love to see the outcome of this spawn
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #14 
tanseattle

Ok thank you Mo; it is a go then... Thank you Junglist for the male, Chocolate, Mo, and Creat for comments. The father did produce beautiful babies if you watch the video of his boy and girl bettas.

Tan
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #15 
Mo

Honestly there's no point in trying to keep a color pure with marbles IMO.. I would really like to see the results of the spawn.. I see nice potential for Form and amazing eye popping colors
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #16 
VictorP

I agree with mo. There's nothing wrong with mixing genes or colours. Good luck on your spawn Tan!
VictorP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #17 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Mixing giants to kings is OK - IMO they are basically the same, the difference being giants have pure giant genes while kings do not. Color wise too isn't a problem. The male should carry a few hidden genes and the female is a multi - the more colors the better.

I'd breed them - keep the mother in a rather small container to stunt her growth and boost fry's growth. Take the best (to your preference) fry and breed back to mom. If you let mom grow further, fry might not be able to out grow her in time.

As for aggressiveness - I prefer them aggressive. Non aggressive female might hide more which will make aggressive males attack .... more risky. Aggressive female usually spawns faster. Just make sure that she is in breeding mode when you release her - older/bigger giants females are often harder to breed and males can be more deadly.

Last edited by indjo; 09-29-2012 at 09:05 PM.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #18 
Creat

It sounds like you are doing everything right at they seem to be acting normal as well, some fish are more agressive and I would expect the female to get a few tears as the male needs to show her he is boss.

I would go ahead with the spawn and let us know how it turns out :)
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #19 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Oops .... did I misunderstand .... Your female is not a giant? (Just read the last post on fancy spawn (1)

My bad ..... anyway she does have better form (compared to male). A slightly smaller male with better form can be bred to her.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #20 
MoonShadow

I can't wait to see these babies!! You are going to get a rainbow of different colors! It's going to be so much fun to see what you end up with! That's why Im a big fan of marbles and fancies, you never know what you'll end up with!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote