Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #11 
sunlight

My suggestion 3 gall and 1-50% and 1-100% water changes a week. If you will do that you don't even need to cycle and take care of the filter media and don't have to vacuum the gravel. I do it all the time and bettas are happy and old. I think it the best way. I like to remove all debris from the bottom when i do 100% water changes. As long as you acclimate fish when you do 100% they will be fine.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #12 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Bigger is always better with all fish. Gathered needs to be lots of hiding spots. I think for a 3 gallon two water changes will be better.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #13 
toad

Here's the cylinder one: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hawkeye-Aq...-Pets/13448744

- it got some bad reviews, but most of them seemed to say that it was broken when they bought it; not sure how shipping damage is a bad indication of a product! I like it a lot.

And my cubes: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-LED-...-Pets/20693135

- I have 2 of these, and they're quite pretty looking.

I also have a hex that I inherited, so I don't have a link for that one; sorry!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #14 
labloverl

I kinda like this one because it would give me the option to cycle if I wanted too. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aquarius-G...-Pets/20699338

toad, with the cubes, what does the filter look like? Does it have an air line hose?
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #15 
toad

Not trying to spam up your thread, but wanted to show you what I did with them :)

This one isn't done, but it has a heater now. I just wanted to show you what it looked like mostly empty, or simply decorated.

ETA: I haven't used the filters for the cubes, but I think I'm going to try them out. They seem to work much like a sponge filter. They look like tiny Whisper internal filters. I've read online that the air pump dies tragically after a few months of use, but I will try it and let you all know what's what :)

Last edited by toad; 09-29-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #16 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Nice tanks!
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #17 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Nice tanks!

Thanks, love!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #18 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by labloverl View Post
LTB, how long did it take to cycle?? What does the filter look like that it came with? Man, this would be great if I had another cycled tank!!

It only took 20 days! Haha
The filter is a power filter, not adjustable, and the output is like 4 holes going horizontally. Really hard to describe. :/ It has to go to this certain area so you can't put it anywhere you like.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #19 
ao
TFK Moderator

I love my 2.5 XD the 3... it's getting there. I'd say which ever one has more horizontal swimming space..
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #20 
labloverl

aokashi, yea I'm definitely considering horizontal space. :)

LTB, how did you do it in 20 days? I wish I would put something in my 10 or 5 gallon (cycled) and seed the 3 gallon out of it.

I'm been trying to find a pic of what the filter looks like in the one you linked. In the one from walmart that I linked, the filter looks like a normal mini HOB filter, but I don't know.
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote