Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #1 
Jully

Betta Fish Rescues: Kijjji

Well, I was looking around Kijiji and I came across two bettas, one who is a crowntail (I believe) and the owner is moving to Ontario and needs him gone by Wednesday. The guy wants $15.00 for him, and his ad said: "Blue beta fighting fish for sale. I need to find a home before I move to Ontario. I'll include food for several months and a water cleaning solution to add to the bowl.
All you need is a bowl and I'll deliver the little guy to you! "

I am very interested in this guy, he is only $15.00 but I will be trying to convince the owner if he will let me take him for free because he is moving to Ontario & the time I buy all his supplies it will lead me up to $200 - $300 and his fins are ripped, and clamped & I am not sure how old he is if he's an old betta & he might have fin rot here is a picture of the little fella:

He has over 127 views on the ad, I hope that this guy still has him and the ad was just posted yesterday! I am very interested in him, and I really wish to rescue him he's beautiful his fins are clamped and the water looks disgusting, the ad was pathetic. So I really wish to get him.

The Second Betta:

So another betta who is listed by someone else posted "Free betta" I am interested in this little guy as well because the tank he lives in is probably a .5 those small ones, and his fins are also ripped up. The only problem is the ad was posted on August 5, 2012 and today is August 29, 2012 so I think someone may of taken him by now, the owner was also giving out his .5 tank with him, but I did email the owner there are some pics of him:

I think I have a higher chance of getting the blue boy then getting the red boy since the red boy ad was posted August 5, while the blue ones was posted August 28 I really want to help these boys, but the problem is I already have a 55g with mollies, guppies & Neon tetras & I have a 3 gallon tank up stairs with my halfmoon betta who gets a lot of attention, filtered tank, and a lot of plants and a nice big tank :) I can't have 4 aquariums, but I will try to convince my mom. There poor fins, and both of them look like they been living in the same little tank for months without filtration or a heater or a proper tank :(

This is the tank I will be getting the blue boy which is $15.00 it looks like a 2 - 3 gallon & it has a filter, I have plants & purple gravel so it'll be okay, hopefully this tank isn't gone though: It is small, but I will be getting a bigger one hopefully soon. But hopefully I can even bring these guys homes it looks to me that most people who sell them just want them for there colors and decorations. The ad for the tank was posted on August 11, 2012 so hopefully I can get that too :(

Last edited by Jully; 09-29-2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Updates
Jully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Take him he seems nice.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #3 
Jully

Yeah I am very interested in them both, but I don't know if people already took them, and I don't know if the owner will reply back but I am crossing my fingers, and hopefully I can get 2 more tanks even though we already have two tanks to get these little boys.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #4 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

The blue one seems nice.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #5 
CandiceMM

15 bucks seems like a lot on that site, any word from seller on decreasing the price?
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #6 
toad

$15 is a pretty high price, IMO. They're not nearly that much at a pet store.

The blue one looks fine to me. He's really not clamped, and he doesn't appear to have fin rot, either. I have a crown, and when I brought him home, he was clamped. The fish in your picture actually looks quite relaxed.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #7 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Yeah red and blue are the most common betta colors. My blue VT female was 2.00$. My chocolate delta tail was 7.00$ ask the buyer why he costs so much like is it show betta or cenemantal value.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #8 
Laki

The price probably includes the cost of tank and supplies. We all know bettas are not cheap! lol And if it means you get him over some kid then go for it. Plus, how many of us are grateful for a bit of pocket change when we move?!?
Try for both of them. Even if you cannot keep them both, you can make them better and then re-home. Good luck!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #9 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Yeah most of the other people who are going to try to get that betta wil keep him in a bowl.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #10 
Jully

Not sure yet, I just emailed the seller yesterday haven't gotten a reply yet, but for the fish tank the guy still has it.

The blue one has ripped fins, and the owner just says "Get him a bowl" he doesn't come with anything, so hopefully I get him of the owner for free, because honestly by the time I get all the proper caring supplies he will be over $100 spent.