Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #11 
crowntaillove

That's so sweet! He's beautiful!
crowntaillove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #12 
DragonFish

Thank you guys!! ^-^ He is such an adorable little thing, fell in love as soon as I saw the pictures(which is why I initially started chiding her for teasing me with him xD).

Ahhh, I just......I don't even know how I got so lucky. <3 My girlfriend really is just plain amazing, one of the many reasons being that she totally gets my love of fish. I love her to death. xD <33

Bettanewbie60, thank you for the name suggestions! They are beautiful, but we've actually decided on a name for him.

xD Because of todays Doctor Who episode and because we're both complete and total nerds like that, we decided that he needed to have a Doctor Who related name. After a while of tossing names around on Skype(TARDIS, Weeping Angel, Pond(that was my first suggestion after TARDIS Luimeril, lol!), even Rory....)we finally just settled on calling him.....well, The Doctor. xD How it took us so long to settle on that name, I have no clue xDDD BUT, he is called The Doctor. ;)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:47 AM   #13 
Luimeril

i had a The Doctor. he was my 10 betta, and 10 was my favorite Doctor. sadly, MY The Doctor passed away a week after i got him. :< got sick, dropsy, and i had to put him down. ;3;

i might name my new betta Pond, or something Doctor Who related. you should steal my idea and theme his tank Doctor Who style. alien-looking plants, they sell TARDIS mugs online, as well as Dalek figures, and some Pet Cos sell Roman and Greek statues(Weeping Angels!). i was gonna do that for my The Doctor.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #14 
Perry the platypus

Wow. She's so nice.
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #15 
DragonFish

Aww, I'm so sorry about your Doctor Luimeril. D: Hugs <3

I think you definitely should name your new betta Pond. o: While my girlfriend and I were tossing around names, it was decided that TARDIS was out because he was male....and after watching the most recent episode, she didn't necessarily want to be reminded of the Ponds, though I thought i was a fantastic name choice, especially given his color. xP

But, the Doctor is now his name, and my girlfriend is quite fond of and set on that. xD Especially since we had quite a geek-out last night after I realized that he would be(provided I can heal Ciel all up)the 11th fish in the house. xDD We also decided that he needed some sort of companion, because of course the Doctor can't be alone....and this morning I realized I should somehow just get him two little Pond Snails and name them Amy and Rory. xDD

o: Luimeril, that is an amazingly fantastic idea by the way and I think I might have to steal at least a little of it. I think I would have a heart attack putting in statues with him, but I should definitely get a TARDIS mug.....the Petco silk plants I have are kinda funky colors....and maybe I'll splurge and get a moss ball for him, they're kind of mysterious and strange....xD Thanks for the idea!!
Old 09-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #16 
Luimeril

is no problem! figure, since i can't do it, why not pass the idea on to another Who fan? :B
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #17 
LadyVictorian

Wow what a stunner, that is a keeper right there, the girlfriend too.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #18 
DragonFish

Thanks Luimeril! ^-^

Haha, I certainly can't argue there LadyVictorian! XD

So I've just been sent a few more pictures of him. Apparently he is quite the ham, and rather enjoys having his picture taken. xD

Old 09-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #19 
DragonFish

Also.....went shopping today, did a little Unbirthday(...I'm such a geek...)splurging and got a few things, one of which being a Moss Ball that I have decided The Doctor shall have in his new home....because they're funny little plants that I've heard are known to mysteriously move on their own(plus I don't think I could kill it. xD)

So I would like to also introduce my Moss Ball. It is called Susan and it wants you to respect its life choices.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #20 
laynisample

I wish I could "like" this entire post. As another avid Doctor Who fan I am squealing over the name choices in this thread. My next fish is going to be named Captain Jack.
laynisample is offline   Reply With Quote