Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #1 
RabidAliver

Issues getting him to eat pellets

I've been trying for the past week to get my new boy, Crescendo, to eat pellets. I know he has an appetite because he eats bloodworms without an issue, however no matter how I prepare his pellets (i.e. Soak them in water to make them more edible, make them even smaller than they already are, make sure he watches as I put them in, etc.) He absolutely REFUSES to eat them, he'll take them in his mouth but spit them out soon after.

Is there any way I could get him to eat the pellets, as I know you aren't supposed to feed bloodworms all the time?
RabidAliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #2 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidAliver View Post
I've been trying for the past week to get my new boy, Crescendo, to eat pellets. I know he has an appetite because he eats bloodworms without an issue, however no matter how I prepare his pellets (i.e. Soak them in water to make them more edible, make them even smaller than they already are, make sure he watches as I put them in, etc.) He absolutely REFUSES to eat them, he'll take them in his mouth but spit them out soon after.

Is there any way I could get him to eat the pellets, as I know you aren't supposed to feed bloodworms all the time?
I hear soaking pellets in garlic juice works. Perhaps it is worth a try. Otherwise maybe try a different pellet. New Life Spectrum is a pretty good brand.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #3 
RabidAliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaz View Post
I hear soaking pellets in garlic juice works. Perhaps it is worth a try. Otherwise maybe try a different pellet. New Life Spectrum is a pretty good brand.
I'll try both of them, even though my local pet store doesn't sell the new life spectrum I've been trying to find the omega one betta food there. I can't really order online for NLS, sadly
RabidAliver is offline   Reply With Quote