Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #1 
baileyhewlett

Hello from AZ!

Hi everyone! :) My name is Bailey and I am currently a freshman in college at the University of Arizona. I have kept a few betta fish before, my last one being a blue VT named Ralph. I have set up a 1 Gallon Mini Bow desktop aquarium kit that has a filter and I'm hoping this will be a nice place for my new fish. :) I really want to buy a healthy one that is not from a big pet store, though. What would the community recommend? I want to make sure my betta has a long and healthy life and I just hate how sad the one's in the big stores look.
baileyhewlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping...

Enjoy your stay....

Please post questions in the proper section for best response.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #3 
prettygirl72

Wink Welcome to the form

Hello there
Hope you do find the betta you're looking for. Mine name is Nicole and I'm from Colorado
prettygirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #4 
Bettanewbie60

Hello, and welcome! I'm so glad you decided to join us here. I've gotten all my bettas from Walmart or my local pet store...I just look for the healthiest one I can find...best of luck to you!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #5 
Bettaworldfighters

Cool I want a healthy Betta

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyhewlett View Post
Hi everyone! :) My name is Bailey and I am currently a freshman in college at the University of Arizona. I have kept a few betta fish before, my last one being a blue VT named Ralph. I have set up a 1 Gallon Mini Bow desktop aquarium kit that has a filter and I'm hoping this will be a nice place for my new fish. :) I really want to buy a healthy one that is not from a big pet store, though. What would the community recommend? I want to make sure my betta has a long and healthy life and I just hate how sad the one's in the big stores look.
Ok I'm not going to tell you to buy one from me because I sell them and they don't seem fair, you can go to a petmart or local fish store, when you see 2 dozen cups filled with Bettas that looked all ragged out, you think wow. I really don't want these. but look a lil closer , there will be a couple that are still pumped up and flairing even though they all came in together buy those. or spend a lil more and call Tony at the bettashop.com in chicago, you can buy the fish you are looking at on line and they are perfect .you can have it shipped over nite or three days are they cheap, no. why because there the most exotic beautiful bettas, and sometimes he will sell juvies ,thats bettas that are 3 or 4 months old and now you have a hardy young fish of pedigree. bettaworldfighters@weebly.com
Bettaworldfighters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #6 
baileyhewlett

Hi everyone! :) Thanks for replying! Bettaworldfighters, I am probably going to go around to a few of my local pet stores this weekend to check them out and see if there are any that catch my eye. Otherwise, there are some really beautiful ones that I have seen on AB. Is that a good place to buy from? I'm just nervous about shipping since it's still very hot in Arizona. I will check out bettashop.com too!
baileyhewlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #7 
eaturbyfill

Hello and welcome to the forum!
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote