Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #21 
laynisample

I'll keep plants and fish in my 2.5g hospital tank for a week. I also have anti fungal tabs and meracin in case anything happens. I was going to wait until the 9th anyway. Last time I got the decorations I got it two days after shipping, but with the long weekend, I'm nervous. I don't want Fish Jerky in a box any longer than he has to be.
laynisample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #22 
ao
TFK Moderator

we dont get next mon off T_T
ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #23 
ao
TFK Moderator

little guy made a bubble nest for te first time. it is huge!
T_T
almost like he knew he's leaving tomorrow and made me a present the only way he knew how...

Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 AM   #24 
laynisample

Awwww! That's adorable! I'll take good care of him and his pictures will continue to be posted on the forum. Malcom (his room mate) made me a bubble nest today too, although I'm sure it's not from excitement of getting a new brother.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #25 
laynisample

Did Mr. Jerky get exchanged today? I'm keeping his name by the way. I'd been following his first thread since you got him.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #26 
ao
TFK Moderator

Yup! betta usa is probably still on his way home. we went to an aquarist club/ nano tank lecture/ auction thing. XD it was fun!
stuff got sold for really cheap!

I think he'll update us on fish jerky when he gets home. :)

I was paranoid and double ziploc bagged him in 1/2 gallon of water.... and put that in a box.... then wrapped newsprint aroud that.... then put all that in a chipotle paper bag XD
Old 10-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #27 
laynisample

That sounds like so much fun! In boring old Indiana they don't have anything like that (that I know of). I'll have to do some more research on that. Sorry if I seem a little paranoid. The last fish I was going to adopt got sick a few days before the girl was going to ship him out to me.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #28 
ao
TFK Moderator

I'm paranoid too! I'm really hoping fish jerky didnt catch any nasties from my tanks even though I've been verrrrry careful about keeping utensils apart!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:16 AM   #29 
bettasusa

Sorry for the delay in responding. Had to get evrything situated, take the dog out for a walk etc. lol. Ok, Fish Jerky is now settled nicely into his temporary quarters until shipping time. He seems un-phased by the process and hopefully everything will go ok thru the rest of the process. I'm going to feed him in a few to see if he takes at least a little something of food. laynisample, please contact me by Sun/Mon to arrange shipment details.

Got a few photos of him. Noticed a bit of what appears to be velvet so while he is here with me I'm going to go ahead and treat him with some NutraFin Aqua Plus and Aquarium Salt. Keep him in dim light and hopefully he should sparken up a bit more. Going to restock on Bloodworms and Brine tomorrow so hopefully he'll take some of that too. Check out the pic of him eating the pellet! lol Once his fins come back he is going to be stunning for sure.

bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:35 AM   #30 
ao
TFK Moderator

D: he did get velvet? oh no!
Do treat him! Now I'm paranoid for kuro. his natural iridescence makes it impossible to tell....
I havent noticed behavioul differences in those two either D:
and wooooaaaaahhh that split in his tail happened during transit... T_T
Sorry fish jerky!

btw, what do you feed your bettas? I usually feed mine pellets 1/4 the size of that one XD

oh btw his face is usually black XD just for stress comparison...

Last edited by ao; 10-04-2012 at 01:40 AM.