Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #1 
Adine

Snails, snails, snails.

I'd love to hear some stories on snails. :)

I've had a rather nasty history with snails.

We had these snails in my pond, so when I was little I was experimenting with them and put tons in my fishtank. Now, like 2 years later. I can NOT get rid of them. I just stayed up real late and cleaned the whole tank, and got rid of most. Somehow, they just don't stop. I now have a small vase loaded with the suckers. (Ahah, pun.) I'm waiting for babies (won't be long) so I can restock the pond again. I've kept them in vases, cups, gatorade bottles, and the little tank sea monkeys come with. I believe the ones I have are ramshorn snails. Something like that.

Alright. That sums up my story. What's yours?
Adine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I keep assassin snails even when I add snails they do not establish. My assassins eat them. My ten gallon more snails are popping up plan on taking the apple snail outand keeping itin a floating breeder box and putting the assassins snails in.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #3 
Adine

Oooh, assassin snails. I've never had any other snails but ramshorn. I've tried mystery, but it just died.

I call my snails vulture snails.
They eat EVERYTHING.

They also end up in the filter... o_O
Old 09-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #4 
copperarabian

I have a big mystery snail, a tooooon of ramshorn snails that got dragged in when I put the lilly in my tank from the pond. Now they're also all over, I bought a assassin snail to start picking them off and I plan to buy a couple more. I like ramshorn and don't want to completely obliterate them, just less in number lol
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #5 
Adine

Eh. Some days I like em, some days I just flush em. I accidently gave one to my friend one day, she put it in her aquarium, and boom. She had 3850438409328490 of them. Her mom made her kill the eggs. I wanna get more in my pond, because that's where I mainly got them from years ago, and now the main source is my fishtank. I need one of those assassin snails.. How big do they get?