Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #31 
Maddybelle

I used to have a betta that would swim through a hoop <3 All 6 of mine will jump for food, attack the "food stick" (I feed them with a chopstick), 4 will flare on command, and all will follow me/my finger.
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #32 
Perry the platypus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddybelle View Post
I used to have a betta that would swim through a hoop <3 All 6 of mine will jump for food, attack the "food stick" (I feed them with a chopstick), 4 will flare on command, and all will follow me/my finger.
Awsome!
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #33 
yappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry the platypus View Post
I can train Perry to stop,go,and come here. Anyone have a suggestion what I can train Perry to do next?
Please make a video and put it up, I really want to see it doing!!!
yappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #34 
yappa

We should probably have a section to post all these videos!!
I will probably watch them all through the day!!
yappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #35 
Eggbert

Apollo jumps for food =) I just wet my finger a little bit place a nls pellet on my finger hold it an inch above the surface. He stalks mmy finger then wiggles his little but building momentum and leaps straight up and snatches his food =) I the feed him a portion of a bw for an at a boy treat. I have a video ill post iit here sometime.
Eggbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #36 
rubinthebetta

Well, Rubin knows his name and I'm trying it with Maggie, but I so badly want to teach them 'real' tricks.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #37 
Perry the platypus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yappa View Post
Please make a video and put it up, I really want to see it doing!!!
I don't know how to post videos.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #38 
Perry the platypus

I think I have it but there's no noise... I don't know why.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #39 
Opioid Slumber

Our newest betta, Jack Skellington, is already preferring to be fed with a little dropper thing I picked up at the doctors office last week. You know how they sell the turkey baster type things to clean your tank? Well I was getting blood drawn at the doctor and noticed that they had a bunch of small, disposable ones. I asked if I could have a couple of them, and after looking at me like I'm crazy, the nurse gave me a couple. I explained why I wanted them after that! Anyway, Jack enjoys it when we put a pellet in the end of the dropper, he'll either grab it from the dropper or if we squeeze the pellet into the water he will chase it.

All of our bettas enjoy playing little food games like that. Most will jump for the food like others have been saying. I love the way it feels when they grab food from your finger! It's so cute and sweet the way you can feel their tiny mouth grabbing the food. Most of ours will also follow our finger, get excited when we come in the room, and one of them, Eric, always has to be fed first, otherwise his feelings get hurt. Eric is a massive wiggle dancer when he's about to be fed! One time, I was feeding everyone and I had already showed Eric the food container so he got excited. Then I remembered something and ran out of the room for only a few seconds. I came back to feed him, and he was hiding in the back of his tank and would not come out to eat! He was sulking! It was sad. So now, he is always fed first, and if we need to walk by his tank with food, we actually need to hide the container so he won't see it and get upset!
Opioid Slumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #40 
emeraldmaster

I have trained my Red to be taken out of the tank. After i read an article on how it was done, after being suprised about the fact that you could, i tried it.

This was extremel hard, for Red HATES being touched. It took an entire month!

Here's how i did it: I started by leaving my hand in the tank, just under the surface. I would leave it there for a few minutes then take it out. This was only so that he wouldn't be scared of the hand. After a week, i started putting food in there, keeping the piggish guppies out. I would leave the food in there untill he cautiously came to get it. After another week, i repeated the last step but added the step of stroking him with my thumb while he ate, scared him big time! It only took him three days to grow used to this. Any finaly, after a month, i lifted him out for the first time. He was a natural air surfer, that is, he jumped from my hand into my other hand. Not expected, but i was suprised noneetheless. Last night, my cousin and fellow betta parent came over. Now, she has no idea that i have been doing this. So i took Red out and answered the door, just like the guy in the article did. Red was as calm as he could be, The cousin was very UNcalm, more like ready to faint. So, that's what i trained Red to do...
emeraldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arteries