Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #11 
kfryman

If your getting Fluvals CO2 kit you might as well go buy a 2000 gallon tank. You are going to be broke after words because those little canisters are ridiculous in cost and need to be replaced almost every week.

Go on Amazon and search UP Aqua co2 regulator, Aquatek paintball CO2 adapter, a 20 oz co2 paintball tank, and I would suggest the Aquatek small diffuser, it has a built in bubble counter and check valve. You really need a check valve and bubble counter, or you can ruin your stuff. All that comes to about $70, but you will save much more money in the long run. Make sure you find a place that fills CO2 tanks, it won't be expensive, trust me and it lasts longer.

With CO2 and high light you are going to need ferts. I would suggest dry, but that might not be as easy. So Seachems ferts work as well. You will definitely need Potassium, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Iron. Flourish is also recommended for trace elements. That would take care of macros, and micros.

Also make sure the CO2 is turned off when the lights are.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #12 
HookedOnBettas

Awesome thanks for that that's what I was lookin to here . There's a lot more to it than I know I was lookin it up but reading it seemed complicated so thought I ask people who use it .
So could I keep baby tear grass alive without Co2 as long as i have a high light or is it needed .
HookedOnBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #13 
kfryman

High light means that you need more CO2 to grow so that is why all those ADA tanks look awesome. They have CO2 to help with plant growth. There are cheaper alternatives and more expensive. Ranging from DIY to hundreds of dollars.

The items I linked would be a cheap alternative, while Fluval would actually be a cheap expensive product in the long run. So I would suggest not buying it.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote