Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #1 
MaisyDawgThirteen

.................................................. ...................................

I couldn't think of a name for this journal, so I tought a series of periods would be appropriate. This is a place where I am going to post about my fishy and hamstery adventures. :)
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Yay!!
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #3 
teeneythebetta

Every time I get a notification for this thread i will probably forget what the thread titled "............................" is xD
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #4 
MaisyDawgThirteen

LOL

First post is today. :)
All of the platy fry I ended up with are now gone except for the 4 with deformities, which I will be keeping. Right now they are in a dinky little Kritter Keeper. :P Since I wanted them to have a better home, and I have been wanting to experiment with live plants for a while now, I got a topfin 5.5 gallon kit at petsmart today. It's going to a NPT. I also got some topsoil and gravel. I also got the plants today. They are moneywort, hornwort, and water wisteria. And I got a black mystery snail. The snail is in the 5 gallon with velvet and usain bolt. I need a runner to name this snail after!! The tank will be set up tommorow morning. I hope I get some hitchhikers from the plants. Then I will have plenty of snails!!! Tonight is for pizza and movie!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #5 
MaisyDawgThirteen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4VrLzY1fSc
^^
Youtube vid, showing the tanks and other stuff.

Monarch looks like Sunset did when he had fish TB. Could just be bloat. :P

I set up the tank today. It took me about 2 1/2 hours. LOL The hornwort is getting on my nerves, as it looks kind of ugly. But I do love the moneywort. ;)
I can't wait to put the fishies in, I just need to buy a heater, and get my water tested, then the fishies and snail will be in!! Speaking of the snail, it is awesome. Awesome. He/She was zipping around the tank like crazy last night. Completely came out of it's shell too. Literally. LOL Now he/she is just chilling out now.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #6 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I did water changes on the KK, 5 Gallon, and 10 Gallon.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #7 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Forgot to meantion, that yesterday I re-arranged the plants in Velvet's tank. The tank looks so much better. But, while doing this, I got so caught up in the new tank and Velvet's tank the 10 gallon looks like a bomb exploded in it.

Last night when I got up from watching TV to feeed the fishies, I daw Usain on top of the mystery snail. LOL I hope he is just cleaning off the new snail's shell. O.o

I'm pretty ticked off right now. I have been wondering why my platy fry haven't been growing quickly. The heater hasn't been working for over a month. I had no thermometer on the tank, and I reasured the temp before I put the thermometer in the 5.5 and it read as 71. ._. I am definately returning it, I hope I get my money back. A 10W heater should DEFINATELY be able to heat a 3 gallon KK. Good thing it doesn't work, as I am going to be buying a heater for the 5.5 anyway, so hopefully it'll lower the price.

I have been kind of lying in my signature. LOL The fry are currently in the KK and the mystery snail in Velvet's tank.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #8 
MaisyDawgThirteen

The platies are in the 5.5 gallon. I have put a hot water bottle on the outside of the tank, and it has kept the tank a steady 77F for the past few hours. :)