Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #11 
magnum

Yeah, well I just looked at the website, and it seems that this store is an independent store, but has the same name as the Chain Store "Pet Barn". Still, I cant understand how someone can have such little disregard for a living creature.
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #12 
LittleBettaFish

Surprised they haven't been pinged by Pet Barn for having such a similar name. Especially if the care is as sub-standard as you say.

I cannot understand why some stores treat their stock so poorly. I mean when you have visibly sick and dying fish it is like a butcher selling rotten meat. It does not leave the customer with a good first impression.

I'm not sure if its laziness, understaffing, ignorance or just a plain lack of care but it always seems to me for every one good fish store there are about ten or so ones that I wouldn't set foot in.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #13 
magnum

I know! Just as you see one good store, it seems as if the rest plummet down. I'm surprised that the other Pet Barn hasn't put in some complaint either.

I think it was just a matter of not caring about the fish. They had HEAPS of staff, and the person who was minding the coldwater fish tanks seemed to be know what they were talking about. Hopefully, it was just a one off the betta guy. I hope. I'm still writing a complaint to the manager this afternoon. Either they need to train new people, or fire the guy they have.
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #14 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah definitely write in to the manager.

However, if conditions don't improve, do you have a thumbs up, thumbs down column in your local paper like we do where I live? Possibly you could write something like thumbs down to a fish store in such an such suburb for poor care of their bettas. Might get a reaction out of the manager then.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:05 AM   #15 
ao
TFK Moderator

I never thought of australian customer service as bad until I went into a petstore. I told the chashier their fish had ich. which she blatantly denied by saying "our fish does not have ICH". and refused to take a look at the tank when I asked her to...sometimes you just run into idiots who care about their egos more than another life they are responsible for.

Contrastingly, today i was at petland discounts(i know rveryone hates that place right?)
they also had ich...
I told the employee and he said, oh we added a bit of medicine already. it's one of my favorite petland discounts... their staff is super friendly... and their fish are usually uber healthy... compared to petco and petsmart...
ao is offline   Reply With Quote