Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #21 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaz View Post
I had to put her in a smaller tupperware because the water has to be very shallow for her to get air. I also mixed half a teaspoon of AQ salt in something seperate then gently mixed the water. She was on her side. Now she is straighter after the AQ salt added and the water level is way lower fore. *sigh* It all happened so fast. I hope I was fast enough to save her. My heart breaks. Poor sweet girl. Thanks for responding Perseusmom! I appreciate how quick you were. I hope she pulls through.

Yea, I was gonna suggest that, a little cup, will help for now, cause she is still so small..I sure hope she is going to be ok..Please keep us updated~
Sounds like the AQ salt is helping that is good news Hang in there lil girl..we love you..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #22 
RedRaz

She looks awful though. Much paler and has a film on her eyes. I don't understand what happened. :( She isn't on her side anymore but is breathing rapidly. I'm using a hand warmer under her tupperware. I'm making sure it does not get too hot. I also have water preconditioned warming on the side. I feel like crying. My poor sweet girl.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #23 
RedRaz

Here is a pic of Shelby. I hope she makes it. I'm so very sad. Her health went down hill so fast. I hope she makes it.
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #24 
lelei

Oh, no hun, I am so sorry..It does happen fast, I just sent Sakura a PM, I hope she will respond..I am wondering if the salt is too much, and maybe just taking out a tiny bit of water, and adding a lil fresh water, uggh, I know it's hard with the lil ones..I am saying prayers for her..I really am not sure about salt treatment for the babies..in any case, it coulndt hurt..to change the water..and see..
Old 10-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #25 
RedRaz

It seems to have helped though the salt. She was floating on her side not moving before I added it. Now she is straighter and moves somewhat. Her breathing is rapid but because she is so tiny and really dark in color IDK if she was doing that in her tank. Too hard to see those things. Now that I have her in front of me I can see film on eyes and pale body. Fins def clamped. I hope she can pull through.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #26 
LadyVictorian

Nixy and I have our fingers crossed for her, I really hope she can recover, I really hope she can. Do you have any oak or IAL? Perhaps putting that in will help as well. I also heard though salt is okay for babies they are more sensitive to it as well, maybe less salt? Water change to sort of even out the levels. I'm praying she pulls through, Nix and I will be right here the whole time fins and fingers crossed.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #27 
RedRaz

Thanks lelei! I might try putting some more water preconditioned and warm for her. If I waited any longer without the salt I don't think she would of been alive still. I just hope she gets better. I appreciate your help.

Thank you Nix and LadyVictorian! I don't have IAL or oak trees by me. I need to order some. I have looked everywhere by me for oak trees but none near by. *sigh* Maybe I will need to venture to the suburbs. Okay I will add less salt and keep my water warm. I have about a gal of preconditioned water on the side. I will make some more to keep her water good and clean. How much salt would you all recommend then?
Old 10-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #28 
lelei

I know you had some IAL coming to you..I hope you get some soon, I will send you some too, I can overnight it, if possible:)
Old 10-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #29 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaz View Post
Thanks lelei! I might try putting some more water preconditioned and warm for her. If I waited any longer without the salt I don't think she would of been alive still. I just hope she gets better. I appreciate your help.

Thank you Nix and LadyVictorian! I don't have IAL or oak trees by me. I need to order some. I have looked everywhere by me for oak trees but none near by. *sigh* Maybe I will need to venture to the suburbs. Okay I will add less salt and keep my water warm. I have about a gal of preconditioned water on the side. I will make some more to keep her water good and clean. How much salt would you all recommend then?

Oh, and the salt, I meant to ask, if it was completley dissolved? I would only use about 3 granuals..completely dissolved, I use a water bottle with hot, very hot water, and shake, shake, until you dont hear the rocks sound..and then add a lil cool water to cool down..and then use..I think that is the other thing, it has to be completely dissolved..
Old 10-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #30 
RedRaz

I can def send you a paypal payment for it lelei.