Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #31 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Oh, and the salt, I meant to ask, if it was completley dissolved? I would only use about 3 granuals..completely dissolved, I use a water bottle with hot, very hot water, and shake, shake, until you dont hear the rocks sound..and then add a lil cool water to cool down..and then use..I think that is the other thing, it has to be completely dissolved..
I quickly dissolved it by stirring it like crazy. Then saw no more granules. When I poured it into the tank she was already out of it in a tupperware. Then I gently added some of that mixed tank water to the tupperware.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #32 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaz View Post
I quickly dissolved it by stirring it like crazy. Then saw no more granules. When I poured it into the tank she was already out of it in a tupperware. Then I gently added some of that mixed tank water to the tupperware.
Ok, that would be fine..is she doing better?
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #33 
RedRaz

She is moving her fins but not really swimming. Also I see her gills moving rapidly. Seems a little better then before. I will add a little warmer water soon. Getting on the cooler side.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #34 
lelei

ok, good, sounds like she will be ok.. I hope, just let her rest now, and keep and eye on her, and see if she calms down..but wait til later to put her back in the tank, so she can get air easier.:) she could be slightly stressed with all that has been going on..so rest for now is what she needs..hugs, and keepme updated:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #35 
ao
TFK Moderator

Hi!I did read your thread, but was rushing to class this morning, so I did not have time to reply. You betta, is a mini adult now *yay!*.

I wanted to ask you the possibilities of cross contamination between your tanks. I doubt if infected symptoms will show up so soon, but it could be a future precaution.

How much salt did you use for her? I only had a baby betta with ich (even tinier than yours!) and I treated her with the full strength 3tsp/g doseage. go slowly. if you can.... find some unflavored plain roobois tea(twinnings usually works). it may not have the tannins, but it will definitely soothe her a bit. it worked fairly well for my first bettas. soak the tea in a bit of warm water to help it begin steeping. put two drops of water conditioner on it, and place it in her tank. you can let it steep as long as you want. before the next water change.
Wishing the best for your little one, it must be stressful having two sick fish
I'm battling a case of velvet right now...on top of school, it's quite a bit of stress.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #36 
RedRaz

Well after giving a good fight my sweet baby Shelby passed away. It happened so fast. IDK what happened. I just feel like crying. May you rest in peace baby Shelby. :(

Thank you to all who helped. I appreciate everything. I wish I could of saved her. :(
Old 10-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #37 
ao
TFK Moderator

Don't be sad... most likely it was an underlying problem from her treatment at the LFS.....

may she swim happily under the rainbow bridge....
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #38 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaz View Post
Well after giving a good fight my sweet baby Shelby passed away. It happened so fast. IDK what happened. I just feel like crying. May you rest in peace baby Shelby. :(

Thank you to all who helped. I appreciate everything. I wish I could of saved her. :(
Happened to me twice, no more babies for me
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #39 
LadyVictorian

Noooooo, oh no you have me crying too, poor Shelby I really did have high hopes she would make it. Nix, Aquarius, and i send you much love, so does Bilbo Froggins. I'm so so sorry RedRaz D: -hugs-
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #40 
BettaQi

Oh sweetie, you gave her love and care.

Thank you for your devotion to her.
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote