Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #11 
cataze

He hasn't been eating because he has been very sick. Before he was sick he loved his pellets, bloodworms, etc.

Yes, the tank is heated.
cataze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #12 
NyaNyanNaa

It shouldn't any parasites of course since the tank is well heated I assume. I'm sorry for not being much help either since I'm still new to betta fish as well. I'm stumped here.. I really do think you should keep trying to give him food though. He has to eat sooner or later.
NyaNyanNaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #13 
lelei

Hello, I am thinking after reading everything that you would still need the Epsom salt treatment for about a week, don't stop it, until he can float right, and swim, he prob wont eat until he feels better, so work on his SBD, keep in a hospital tank, and change water every day or every other day..and yes 1 tsp per gal, but if extreme, you can use 2 I wouldnt use 3 right now, try the 1 first, then in 3 days if no improvement, go to 2tsp. I hope he gets better, I would keep trying diff foods too, Omega one is great, and Frozen foods, Brine shrimp and BW's:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #14 
snazy

How long before the last water change? If this tank doesn't have a cycled filter, then he is slowly being poisoned by ammonia and having undergone treatment with antibiotics without eating will surely not help him survive in a toxic enviroment for long. I would first do a large water change with simple dechlorinated and temperature matched water(you need to do that anyway to remove any medication left overs from the water) to see if he'll feel better and keep changing the water regularly to avoid even a minimal ammonia build up.
snazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #15 
cataze

He's been in a 3 gallon hospital tank with daily 100% water changes. He'd now in a cup floating in the tank. He can barely get up to the too to get air. I dangled frozen blood worms right in front of his mouth. He sucked one in, then spit it out. He just ignored them after that.

He's just lying there on his side breathing heavily. I don't think he'll last through the night. :(

I'm devastated. I've worked so hard to make him better, but as soon as one thing cleared up, something else would start.
cataze is offline   Reply With Quote