Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #1 
bettasaur

New zebra snail!

I'm hoping I have this in the right place. D: I bought a 10 gallon tank (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aquacultur...-Pets/10312734) the other day. It's set up & I'm cycling it now. I also bought some java fern from my LFS to go with my water wisteria. While I was up there, I decided (on impulse) to go ahead and get a zebra snail. He's in my 3 gallon with Bettasaurus Rex right now. Bettasaur is flaring up and him & poking him with his nose. :( Right now the zebra snail is under the water wisteria & Bettasaur has wiggled himself under the leaves and almost looks like he's laying on the gravel next to him. Should I be worried, or is he just being an *******? Once I move them into the new tank, do you think he'll even pay any attention to him?
bettasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #2 
registereduser

Mine ignored the snail after a day or so. Some bettas will eat snails. Fortunately zebra nerites don't expose as much flesh as some other snails do.

Certainly in a 10 gallon it will be harder for the fish to keep track of the snail. When you are ready to put them in the 10 gallon put the snail in first, let him hide and then add the betta.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #3 
bettasaur

Haha, ok. I wasn't sure what his deal was. He's the first betta I've had & I'm absolutely floored by how much personality one little fish can have!!!
bettasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #4 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettasaur View Post
Haha, ok. I wasn't sure what his deal was. He's the first betta I've had & I'm absolutely floored by how much personality one little fish can have!!!
So true, their eyes are so human-like and they turn their heads just as if they had necks
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #5 
emeraldmaster

I have apple snails only got "wtf" looks from my betta. so not all bettas attack, i think your safe.
emeraldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote