Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #1 
RedRaz

Swim in peace my sweet baby Shelby

Words can't explain how sad I am. My sweet baby died today and I could not save her. I really wished I could have. I don't know what happened. My hubs and I are gonna bury her this evening. I'm gonna write her name on a sea shell and place it on top. Swim in peace my sweet heart. I'm so sorry I could not save you.
Attached Images

RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

I'm so sorry... :\ Is it my fault? I remember I gave you advice on baby Betta care. S.I.P. Shelby. May you finally grow up in the waters of the rainbow bridge.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #3 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
I'm so sorry... :\ Is it my fault? I remember I gave you advice on baby Betta care. S.I.P. Shelby. May you finally grow up in the waters of the rainbow bridge.
Oh no it's not your fault at all. You gave me great advice. Thank you for that. She just got sick and I could not bring her back healthy. Her health declined so fast. In a matter of a few hours. I'm the one to blame.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

Baby Bettas are the hardest to care for.. It's not your fault. You did the best you could do and it's the pet store's fault. Baby Bettas are too weak to get shipped!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #5 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Baby Bettas are the hardest to care for.. It's not your fault. You did the best you could do and it's the pet store's fault. Baby Bettas are too weak to get shipped!
Thank you. For this reason. I decided not to shop for pets at Petco or Petsmart anymore. Losing a loved pet is too hard. Especially if they are sick from the beginning because of not being treated properly or for being sold way too young. It's just awful. I really thought I could give my baby betta a good long life. Just so heart breaking that she died so young. I appreciate your kind words.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #6 
LadyVictorian

I am crying too, I had so much hope she would make it, she was such a cutie. I'm so sorry RedRaz, if I was there I would hug you right now so here is my long distance hug. -hugs- This is such sad news, you did all you could to save her, it's petco that is truly yo blame. They should NEVER sell babies which is why I get so pissed when I see them there. I feel good betta's never die, they are just reborn into new fish and wait for you to find them again. I think Shelby will come back in a beautiful healthy body and be waiting happily to be with you again in the next life. You gave her a wonderful life though it was short. She very well could have suffered out her days in the store, die in cold dirty water and go out with the trash. She could have been taken by someone who crammed her into .5 gallon tank with nothing but her own misery and forget about her until they flushed her in a few days. But no, she passed knowing she was loved, she passed knowing you fought for her life and cared about her. She passed happily and though I'm sure being sic was scary she knew in her tiny fishy heart you did everything and I am sure she appreciates that. Now she can rest and more importantly know she will be honored with your memories of her and know she has forever touched your heart.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #7 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
I am crying too, I had so much hope she would make it, she was such a cutie. I'm so sorry RedRaz, if I was there I would hug you right now so here is my long distance hug. -hugs- This is such sad news, you did all you could to save her, it's petco that is truly yo blame. They should NEVER sell babies which is why I get so pissed when I see them there. I feel good betta's never die, they are just reborn into new fish and wait for you to find them again. I think Shelby will come back in a beautiful healthy body and be waiting happily to be with you again in the next life. You gave her a wonderful life though it was short. She very well could have suffered out her days in the store, die in cold dirty water and go out with the trash. She could have been taken by someone who crammed her into .5 gallon tank with nothing but her own misery and forget about her until they flushed her in a few days. But no, she passed knowing she was loved, she passed knowing you fought for her life and cared about her. She passed happily and though I'm sure being sic was scary she knew in her tiny fishy heart you did everything and I am sure she appreciates that. Now she can rest and more importantly know she will be honored with your memories of her and know she has forever touched your heart.
Thank you so much for your touching words. In such sadness I welcome such comfort. *hugs* My husband said why he brought Shelby home was because she picked him. She wanted to go home with him and he knew that was the one for us. So I'm very happy to have been there for her but so sad that she died. I don't think anyone in my RL would understand how sad I feel today. Losing a pet is very hard for me. Thank you for understanding and for the hugs. I so appreciate it.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #8 
Bettanewbie60

I am so sorry for your loss..she was such a cutie. Hugs across the miles.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #9 
lelei

Hey Red, I am soo very sorry to hear you lost Shelby, I was in shock and I cried for her, I know losing a friend is so very difficult, for the time she was in your life, you gave her a great home, and she had a wonderful owner who loved her~ SIP sweet lil Shelby..you will be missed, Under the rainbow bridge~
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #10 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

So very sorry I for sure understand its always such a heartache to lose and animal we love so dearly and I send many hugs and a few tears as we say goodbye to the sweet baby Shelby. You can not blame yourself you did all the right things, the places who sell these little things are the ones at fault and makes me so upset they have started doing this. Swim is peace sweet Shelby you were loved !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote