Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #11 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Killing is not always wrong what about a man who was going to kill tons of people. In thialand they do not fight there whole life they spend most as breeders. It made our bettas it is so gentle is is more a test of courage wild splendens are more peaceful than domestic. I was more asking if you wanted the fighter type. By buying bettas from a per store betta fighting is being encouraged.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #12 
LadyVictorian

Killing is ALWAYS wrong. Even if it's killing a murderer. It only makes you one yourself but I won't get into that. It's just a set of morals I have being that I know with less murder this world would clearly be a better place.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #13 
Mo

Lady Victorian. Killing is wrong in your own eyes. I have eauthinized 3 fish. 1 from sickness and the others had severely bent spines as 7 day old fry so I fed them to there mother.. The breeders in Thailand cull for imperfections. In your own eyes its wrong. In my eyes it's okay under certain circumstances. It differs by person to person
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #14 
VictorP

+100 to Mo.
VictorP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #15 
LadyVictorian

I was talking about killing people. Killing an animal if it is suffering is okay but killing a man because he killed someone is just as bad as being the murderer you seek revenge on. Taking a human life is never right. Taking an animal's life out of cruel intent isn't right either. Such as setting cats on fire or like my friend drowning a litter of kittens because you didn't want them born in the first place is wrong. Putting down a 15 year old dog with bone cancer not. And yes I still stand by killing another human can't be right, it's 100% wrong. There is no good from it ever.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #16 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
I was talking about killing people. Killing an animal if it is suffering is okay but killing a man because he killed someone is just as bad as being the murderer you seek revenge on. Taking a human life is never right. Taking an animal's life out of cruel intent isn't right either. Such as setting cats on fire or like my friend drowning a litter of kittens because you didn't want them born in the first place is wrong. Putting down a 15 year old dog with bone cancer not. And yes I still stand by killing another human can't be right, it's 100% wrong. There is no good from it ever.
i would kill somebody if they were a threat to someone i care about. i'd try to find a less drastic solution, but if my kid or my fiance was in danger and i had a weapon nearby, it's definitely going to be in my hands.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #17 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Betta fighting is not kilng what about killing a killer I do feel beta fighting is wrong but if done correctly does not do any permeated damage but I do feel it is a bad idea. I meant a killer who was going to kill a lot more people like who honestly would not kill hitler if they got the chance I know I would kil hitler. I read a member here who's fish got sick three times and piros.y killed it. Without culing are brilliant bettas would be a myth.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 10-02-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #18 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Can we please stop talking about this stuff guys? Not family friendly.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #19 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Okay back to the original question which would you prefer fighter type vs domestic type or wold type.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #20 
babystarz

I really don't want to give my money to anyone who would encourage animals to fight. I realize this is a cultural thing, but so are dog fighting and cock fighting and most people can objectively say those things are inhumane. I don't see why fish are any different.

I am getting more into wild bettas because they can be kept in arrangements that are impossible with splendens.

Last edited by babystarz; 10-02-2012 at 07:53 PM.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote