Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #1 
Creat

Difficult finrot case...? help?

I have had this guy for about 6 months the first image was in the first few weeks I owned him. The last one is him today, I didnt know how bad it was until I found this old image of him :/ I have changed his water everyday with aq salt he got finrot a few weeks after I got him too near the start of that image. It seems to go away and then come back with vengeance I medicated him once when he lost all his color and I thought I was going to loose him. I usually add tannins/ oak leaves into the water with each change too I ordered IAL last week for him too and they should be here soon I am at a loss how to help him ...

Name:  IMG_0828.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  53.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2370.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  61.4 KB
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

IAL, medicine, aquarium salt, good temp, and daily water changes are what you are doing is it possible it is fin nipping.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #3 
Creat

Thats what I thought for a little while but he just dosent seem "happy"? that the best way i can say it. He dosent flare much and isnt too enthusiastic about it nor does he eat a lot either...
Old 10-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #4 
ZackyBear

@chocolate - It's fin rot D: the edges are too smooth to be from tail biting (it gives it a raggedy look).

I think you should try some sort of fungus medicine, but dilute it really well, and possibly 'ween' your boy onto it? So it doesn't shock him as bad as you said it did before D:
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #5 
Creat

Got any medicines that you recommend for him? I also thought that it was gone, after I went through the cycle, but then it came back...
Old 10-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #6 
ZackyBear

I haven't personally used any medications, but if it came back after the first treatment, it may have become immune to what you used.

I've read some good reviews about jungle fungus cure (I think that's the name of it) As well as Maracyn 1-2
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #7 
Creat

I used maracyn 1 and 2 no avail... I could try jungle but I never really liked there stuff but if it works heck why not
Old 10-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #8 
PixelatedPaint

I bathe bettas in IAL rich water...like 4-5 leaves in a 2 gal hospital-spa tank for new rescues or sick fish.. usually the prior. I swear by it. The fumic acid harms fungus, bacteria and keeps parasites away. if you cant get any then try gathering some oak leaves if they are in your area.

here is a prime example of how fast and well it works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzFN-4lHJIk

the betta in this tank had NO rays left, on any fins. he was in a tank with giant gouramis. xD it took him 3 weeks to get to this and still growing.
PixelatedPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #9 
Creat

He has oak leaves in his water I do it cause of the water for all my betta. I do hope the ial get here soon though i hope they help more
Old 10-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #10 
PixelatedPaint

IAL in a thousand times better!I only use oak leaves if my next order is late, i usually order for nearly a year at a time.
PixelatedPaint is offline   Reply With Quote