Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #1 
OrangeAugust

Thumbs up My betta hasn't eaten my shrimp yet!

LOL I got some ghost shrimp a couple weeks ago but they were waayyy smaller than I expected so I kept them in their own small tank for a while. I was planning on putting them with my female betta since she is small and less likely to eat them. Well, one shrimp died a couple days later. So I have 2 left. When I moved my girl betta to the cycled 5 gallon, I decided to put the shrimp in with her. I couldn't find one of them. lol. So I just put one in, and then I couldn't find it for about a day and a half and then last night he was swimming around. It was super cute. At one point he was swimming up near the front glass, and Lila was swimming up. I think she saw him but she was just like, "dee-de-dee" and kept swimming normally until the shrimp saw her and totally spazzed and did that hilarious thing where they move so fast it looks like they've teleported to the other side of the tank. haha.
I finally saw the other shrimp in his small tank yesterday for the first time in about 2 days so I may put him in with Lila and the other shrimp. I haven't named the shrimp yet...
I just don't know what I'll do when I change the water. I'm afraid of sucking them up with the gravel vac because I usually can even find them.
OrangeAugust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Sound great love shrimp but can not keep them they always die.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #3 
CandiceMM

I love my ghost shrimp!!! Mine are huge and fight my male Bettas for live blood worms lol!!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:55 AM   #4 
OrangeAugust

I haven't seen either of them in 2 days again, which sort of seems to be a trend. But now I wonder if she ate them. :o/ I finally named them, though- Ping and Flick. haha. because of the way they move so quick when they get startled. I can't tell them apart, tho. lol
Old 09-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #5 
emeraldmaster

how large are your shrimp aproxamatly?
emeraldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #6 
OrangeAugust

They're both about half an inch. The female was about an inch almost but she turned white and died a few days after I got the three of them.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #7 
emeraldmaster

how sad!!!!! let us hope that the same fate does not fall on the surviving two!
emeraldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote