Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #11 
NyaNyanNaa

I heard some myths that bamboo brings diseases into the tank though, must not be true then.

And I'm a wimp so using live food would be horrible for me. xD
NyaNyanNaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #12 
DragonFish

I've never heard of that myth....xD So long as he bamboo leaves are kept above the water, they can do just fine in aquariums.
Well, unless they're mine....xD Though granted my bamboo was just on its own....

Actually, I've seen and heard of several Walmarts taking down their fish sections all together. When I first moved here to my area, our Walmart had a fish section(though there were maybe.....two sad looking fish, and thankfully no bettas) but a few months later all the tanks and whatnot were gone. I'm hoping that this is a growing trend among Walmarts and it means that perhaps they're FINALLY getting the picture about how terribly they're keeping their fish....

I've heard that bettas really to seem to interact with their moss balls, though with Petsmarts prices I had held off getting any until this past weekened when I did a little splurging. xD Sadly the betta that will go in the tank with my moss ball won't arrive until this coming weekend(he is a lovely DTHM boy my girlfriend, who lives about an hour away, found this past weekend and was sweet enough to purchase for me <3), but I'm really curious to see how he reacts to it.
Perhaps if Petco has the moss balls a little cheaper I'll start getting each of my boys one....o:

I would say feeding live foods isn't really as bad as it might sound....but maybe I'm just not all that squeamish. xDD I grew up with a dad who was an avid fisherman(he and I both blame that for my fish obsession)and it was something we really enjoyed together while I was growing up, so I'm not really all that bothered by wriggling worms or picking up fish bare-handed. Actually when I was very little I used to spend our fishing trips mostly just playing with the bait.......so I suppose thats probably why it doesn't bother me as much.

Last edited by DragonFish; 10-02-2012 at 02:37 PM.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #13 
NyaNyanNaa

I might consider getting bamboo then. ^_^

And I think the ones I saw were a 1$, I didn't really pay close attention.
NyaNyanNaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #14 
DragonFish

$1? xD I think I need to take a trip to Petco then....thats WAY better then $9!
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote