Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #1 
ChibreneyDragon

Exclamation Spawn SetUp

So I've been working on new designs for my fish room...and I want to hear some feed back before I remodel and start my new spawn. For storing the mature males, I was considering setting up a type of cone with a valve at the bottom.

That way the waste falls to the bottom, and I can just open a valve that will flush the waste and make water changes MUCH easier than the mason jars I were using.

How should I go about this?

I will be making new shelves to mount directly onto the walls, and perhaps a watering system from a holding tank for my treated water. (SC tap water needs to be treated like bilge water, so I pre-treat and set aside for the weekly water changes in my big tanks)

What do yall think? Ive seen some square designs..but I dont want them all sharing water through screens in case one spreads an infection.
ChibreneyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Hmm, it's like using an upside down water bottle. The cap, as the exit for waste... All you would need to do is attach a piece of air tubing to the bottom (make it snug) and use aquarium silicone to make it stay. Let it dry for a couple days to ensure sturdiness!

The add your control valve... which gravity takes its mark when you open it. Connecting that to a longer air tube, to a bucket or whatever you have planned.

Maybe that would work? (tempted to try it )

Cool idea though!

I agree I do not want to allow my fish to use the same water, in case of an infection (or a fish dies which can happen).
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #3 
ChibreneyDragon

Right now I am setting up my next spawn, they wont be old enough for this set up for a few more months, but my husband has already cut the wood for the shelves, and we are currently buying two litter bottles of pop to get started.
ChibreneyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #4 
Sena Hansler

Awesome!! I wish you luck
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote