Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #1 
labloverl

LED glowlight tanks?

I'm looking for a 3-3.5 gallon tank with a real filter, and not the air pump/tube kind.

These are the 3 I'm looking at.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...26amp%3B+Bowls
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aquarius-G...-Pets/20699338
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Glof...t-1ct/16940355

The petsmart one was reccomended to me by someone. I really like it, but I'm not sure what the filter looks like.

I haven't found anything that I don't like about the second one.

With the third one, it only has blue LED lights. I'm not so worried about that, other than not being able to see the fish's true colors, but the fish might not like the "glowing" atmosphere.

Can anyone add input on these? I can't decide.
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

The first two are round those tanks netting the betta is harder. I would go with the third. That is my opinion.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:43 PM   #3 
leafythegreat

You'll definitely want white lights. I don't know how bright those LEDs are, but my blue LEDs are dim enough that all I can see are the white flashes of my cories and the brighter edges of my decor when I have them on in the dark.

I think your first two tanks are actually identical. "Top Fin" is Petsmart's generic aquarium brand, as Aquarius is one of Walmart's. They're made in the same factory and put in two different boxes. The lighting is a little different - the Top Fin has colored lights and a white light, and the Aquarius only has the two night lighting modes and the day lights. I'd go for the second, personally.
leafythegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #4 
labloverl

I usually don't use a net, so shape doesn't really matter to me but thanks for pointing that out, ChoclateBetta.

Ok, so the tetra glo tank is out. Leafythegreat, you confirmed my thoughts. I am leaning towards the second because I can see exactly what the filter looks like. I want a regular filter, and not one that runs with an air pump/hose.
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #5 
KinkyKalypso

My betta LOVED the led lighting in the tetra glo 3.5 gallon tank... It took him for ever to get use to the whit light in his new 10 gallon divided tank... So im looking into buying bubble led rings to add tot he bottom of the tank since he loves bubbles... Yes he is like Dori from Nemo... MY BUBBLES!!!
KinkyKalypso is offline   Reply With Quote