Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2012, 01:08 AM   #1 
leafythegreat

Fellow college students, anyone?

Noticed a few people with dorm restrictions... ah, dorm restrictions. My uni allows for a generous 20 gallons and no number restrictions, woo!

So, who here is in college? What's your major?

I'm in marine biology. I'm such a fish nerd. ^3^
leafythegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:54 AM   #2 
RoxieStClaire

5th year of college because I suck and can't settle on a major.

Started in Environmental Science, with a focus on water quality, but switched after I found out I'm number dyslexic and canNOT do math to save my life, even though I understand how to solve the problems.

Tried Anthropology, did well in that until last semester when I got sick and ended flunking out because I couldn't keep up with the work because of it.

Now I'm in a new school trying to just get a two year degree in the incredibly broad major of Visual Communications because at least I'll learn every computer software there is and even a little programming which even if I decide NOT to transfer back to my old school will at least look good on a resume.
RoxieStClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #3 
xjenuhfur

I'm at university too. Our restrictions are 10gal max, but we can have as many tanks as we want as long as they are under 10.
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #4 
whiskandbowl

I'm a third year Early Childhood Education/ Special Education dual. Still unsure if that's what I want to do LOL
I think the dorms allow 5 gallons max, though most people I see buying bettas for their dorm get tiny bowls.

I don't live on campus (have my own apartment) so I can have as many fish as I like!
whiskandbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #5 
xjenuhfur

Oh yeah, my major is computer engineering. (I am obv trying to kill myself by having this major Lololol)
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #6 
babystarz

I just graduated with majors in sociology and English literature. And I only lived in a dorm my first year because that's the only year that gets guaranteed housing... I went to one of the largest schools in the country ;)
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #7 
ThePearlFish

I am attending a community college right now. I have been getting my 2 years A.S. in Science for 3+ years now sigh.. I am stuck now because I cannot get past my 2 Chems and 2 Calc requirements.

The official title of my major if/when I transfer to the 4 year University (to finish my Bachelors) will be a BS in Biology with a concentration in Environmental and Conservation Biology. (A Wildlife Biologist basically)

I am not doing too well right now and bleh, well this thread is not about whining. :/

Anyways, I don't live in a dorm and I have 7 animals. One of the animals I got because my friend could not keep her reptile in the dorm anymore cus they changed the policy. I AM forbidden anymore animals right now though by the BF :P
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #8 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskandbowl View Post
I'm a third year Early Childhood Education/ Special Education dual. Still unsure if that's what I want to do LOL
I think the dorms allow 5 gallons max, though most people I see buying bettas for their dorm get tiny bowls.

I don't live on campus (have my own apartment) so I can have as many fish as I like!
I am special education student for my autism. Shame of people for buying bowls. My parents allow 2 tanks max nothing against terriums full of plants and potted plants.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #9 
Jupiter

I'm in university, but I've been constantly switching cities and places i study at. The one time I live in a dorm we weren't allowed any pets AT ALL, including fish.

(But I secretly kept one in my closet ;) )
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #10 
AngesRadieux

I'm in college! I never dormed, though, so I don't know much about the restrictions. But, I was a music major at a state school for two years. Now I'm at a community college as a liberal arts major. -.- The difference?

When I didn't want to work on a paper last year: Oh, well... I have that theory homework due! And I really need to practice... And there's a lesson plan to write for practicum, and I really should get that reading for conducting done! And, um... I think there's that measure in my choral score that I haven't marked yet? So I can't POSSIBLY write my history paper now!

This year when I'm trying to avoid doing a paper: Er... Well, I have... Oh, wait! No homework in that class... But there's that--er... Never mind, already finished. But there's...! Crap. No more excuses... Guess I'll just spin around in my chair for a bit...

As a music major I ALWAYS had stuff to do. Now? I'm not doing much of anything. Guess it gives me more time to stare at my fish?
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote