Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #1 
Doug2k4

Talking A STL,Mo. Greeting!

Hi all! I've kinda lurked here for several months, but decided to take the official plunge! Lol! We (wife & I) got our first Betta in June, and loved Blu-boy from the start. He started in a cute 1 1/2 tank from Wallyworld, but graduated to a 10 gallon within a few months. Sadly though, he passed away last week, and I'm still not sure why? I'll likely discuss this on the Betta Care area, but I just wanted to relate to all of you how awesome these creatures are! We got a beautiful Crowntail today, and it's amazing how cool he is! I've got the PH where it's good, the temps at 78, so I'm hoping for the best. Just to let ya know, we also have a 30 gallon, and although it wasn't planned, our Gold Gourami is the big chief. My fave is the Bala Shark, but it's cool to follow the Clown Loach too. Anyway, just wanted to say Hi!, and hopefully interact soon. Take care!
Doug2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #2 
Bettanewbie60

Hi and welcome to the forum, so glad you joined us!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:46 PM   #3 
Doug2k4

Thanks for the welcome. Wow, that's an awesome looking Betta in your profile pic! He's sensational! I guess this is a reason to fill you all in on a few more useless tidbits about us. We have a Boston Terrier (my fave), and a Pembroke Corgi (2nd fave). We also have a very curious cat, which is sometimes fascinated with the aquariums. We had a 30 gallon tank several years ago, but after a disaster several years ago, I kinda lost touch as an aquarium enthusiast. Somehow, the tank cracked open, and OMG!, we had water everywhere, and sadly, all the fish died too. I guess the itch finally got too strong, cuz' I bit the bullet, and got Blu-boy in June. I suppose we have about 20 other fish, but Betta's will always rule!! I consider myself a total novice, have several ???s, but hope that I can blend in the Betta Care area. Thanks again, have a great rest of the night!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #4 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum

I see you've been bitten by the betta bug too :) They are tons of fun and beautiful fish so what's not to love?
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #5 
lexylex0526

Welcome to the Forum!!! I also live in STL, Missouri :)
lexylex0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #6 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hi there and welcome to the forum !!!! Hey I had a Boston Terrier and lost him a couple of years ago I miss him so much he was and awesome dog and now I have a Corgi mix who I adore and love very much. My daughter loved our Boston so much she has one now named Lugs and he is adorable !!! MY Corgi is a big clown he is so funny and howls every time he wants something...lol
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #7 
Doug2k4

Thanks again for the welcomes, this is a very nice little community. Perseusmom, that's way cool that you have/had the same doggies as us. Percy (Boston) is 8 years now, and Fox (Corgi) is 6. Both have unique personalities, but Percy is the true go getter. If you don't mind lickings, this guy's for you. If I were single, he'd allow me to at least meet plenty of women, lol! Fox used to be skittish towards new folks, but nowadays, he'll greet everyone. Of course, any visitors at the door have to go through the barking ritual. Lexy, that's cool about you living in the Lou! If you noticed, I live right across the river, but only 15 minutes away. My town (Alton) is regarded as "The Most Haunted Small Town In America", and I believe that's it's aptly phrased. Speaking of which, we have a huge annual Halloween party towards the end of Rocktober, and this place is heavily decorated already. Believe it or not, we've even got them on the aquariums! Nothing major, just some garland, but they do look cool! Ok....I hope to talk Bettas soon, just wanted to say hey, and thanks again!!!! Take care......
Old 10-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #8 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping...

Enjoy your stay....

Please post questions in the proper section for best response.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #9 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hey there is a tank Halloween contest you should take a picture and enter it, you post the pictures on the Betta Contest thread . I am decorating mine too on the outside and my sweet daughter got me a couple of Halloween Peanuts ornaments and some decals for the outside.
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #10 
eaturbyfill

Hello and welcome to the forum!
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote