Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #1 
Kira and Cleoh

Question are these eggs?

So Im happy my girls are settled in their home, but Im eager to set up my 8 gallon for them! I was looking at Kira and noticed that shes got tha\t bump where eggs are, I also noticed what looks like eggs, or bubbles (I'm not sure) floting at the surface, Could they be un-firtile eggs from Kira? Cleoh also has this bump and some bubbles ( or eggs) at the top of the surface in her tank. I havn't gotten my male yet nor some of my breeding supplys, And I dont get them untill this upcoming tuesday, if this is eggs, is this my only chance for breeding them?
Kira and Cleoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #2 
Kira and Cleoh

also their really small and egg-like
Old 10-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #3 
babystarz

The eggs will go bad before you have your breeding stuff all set up. This is totally fine, actually it's a good thing because you know for sure your girls are mature and able to produce eggs. Just give them two weeks to rest before you start conditioning them to breed. That will give you time to get your male settled in and your breeding tank and fry food going. It's really important to have your breeding tank well established before you breed anyway, to make sure the water quality is optimal for fry survival :)
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #4 
Kira and Cleoh

Oh okay :) should I remove them?
Old 10-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #5 
LadyVictorian

Are the girls iving together in the 8 gallon? You need a 20gallon for sororities because you HAVE to keep up to six girls together or there will be fights and fish picking on the others which will stress them out. Also have you read up on breeding? If you breed you need a seperate breeding tank 2 in fact, one 10 gallon for the fry when they are small then a 20 gallon for when they get larger, after that about 100 to 200 jars at least in the event you have a large spawn and need to jar all the older fish so the juvinial fry don't kill each other.

You will also need live food for the fry co getting your own colony's of brine shrimp and girdle worms is important otherwise the fry will starve and die. Small fry can only eat baby brinde shrimp and prepare to cull as well. Any baby's who are not healthy you have to kill yourself.

Last edited by LadyVictorian; 10-03-2012 at 02:34 PM.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #6 
Kira and Cleoh

Yes I know, and my girls aren't living together yet, because I havn't bought the rest, and im buying another tank when i get my male. Im buying everything I need when I buy my male.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #7 
babystarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira and Cleoh View Post
Oh okay :) should I remove them?
Yes I would go ahead and do that if the girls haven't eaten them.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote