Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #1 
KinkyKalypso

Exclamation oK GUYS need suggestions!!!!

SOOOOO... I recently bought a new 10 gallon tank with the whole shabang, filter, heater, all that jazz. So I thought hey I can get the man down the street to cut a quarter inch of Plexiglass for me and I can have a side for Acheron and Rave (both boys name from books. Ach from the dark hunter series, and Rave from scott prussing blue fire saga) Sorry had to throw that in there.. ANYWHO, so i set it all up and drilled holes in the glass for the water filter system to slosh up the water and keep it moving, Added the glass, black gravel on both sides, BUT FORGOT TO ROUGH UP THE GLASS BEFORE ADDING ALL OF THIS... So now Acheron and Rave can see each other... They're not ramming the glass or hurting themselves but I need opinions... Ive added plants on either side of the glass to help devert them from seeing each other but that didnt work so well. LOL... they still find each other... The water is about 2 inches from the top of the glass and the glass it up as far as it can go from the hood so im not to awefully worried about them jumping over to the other.. And they dont spend the entire time at the glass looking at each other and they dont seem stressed.. So do you guys think they will be ok... Both of these fish were rescued from Walmarts evil care and were both in bad condition and I managed to save them both with only the knowledge I gained from this site (Thanks guys) so, I back and looking for opinions... Ill post pics in just a few!!
Thanks
Acheron and Rave's momma!
KinkyKalypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #2 
shellieca

If they are not constantly flaring at each other or trying to get at one another I wouldn't worry too much. I'd keep an eye on the situation to make sure neither starts showing signs of stress or agression & if they do then you'll need to address the matter. Or you can tear down the tank & do something to make the divider more opaque.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #3 
KinkyKalypso

Acheron (red) and Rave (blue) testing the waters... They do flare at each other, but they do enjoying swimming around also.. They are both walmart rescues, so I think they both got use to being so close to other bettas.. Its almost like they are playing tag. No stress so far. they both seem happy and enjoy chasing each other!
Attached Images

KinkyKalypso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
divider, opinions