Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #991 
LittleBettaFish

Um that was him a day or so after spawning. Yeah the female was just huge. I was concerned she was going to end up egg-bound if they didn't spawn. She is not a very big female (she is still growing) and she was looking more blimp than fish.

Congrats on the fry. I guess if I had been holding eggs in my mouth all that time and watching everyone else eat I would be relieved to be eating as well haha

My male is weird when he is holding. He never hides and is basically at full colour as he cruises around the tank with his female in tow. I think she made him spit the previous batch of fry out early because she wanted to spawn again so I have to watch she doesn't bother him.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #992 
Wildbetta

Well it didn't take long for my ocellata to spawn again. LOL Got some nice pics of him the day he spawned. He has a big ole mouthful like your unimac boy LBF.

Also got a good shot of his big ole lady :D

Oh and today I caught her flirting with him a bit so here in a couple of days if he is still holding I plan on moving him into the net breeder so she will leave him be.

My picta male released today after I put him in the breeder box. I would not be surprised if he had spit some in the tank before I caught him too. I moved him to the breeder in the middle of doing water changes on the fry tanks because I seen his woman nipping at his mouth. Don't want her to eat the fry as he spits them out. :/

Oh and a good pic of the Simorum
Wildbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #993 
LittleBettaFish

Hmm.. not hard to see what type of wilds you favour Wildbetta. Your poor ocellata male looks like he has his mouth full with that amount of eggs.

The picta are a sort of odd looking betta. I always feel sorry for the mouthbrooding males when they go to all that effort to hold and the females come and eat all the fry as soon as they are released.

I was feeding some grindals to my hendra male and managed to get a couple nice photos out of it.

They got their first water change the other day and seem to be quite content with their current set-up. Unfortunately, I had to use straight tap cut with some home-made IAL tea, but today I am planning on getting my water aging tub filled up so I am then using water with comparable softness and pH to what is in the tanks.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #994 
LittleBettaFish

Well my undescribed coccina complex pair are on their way. Got an email from Jodi-Lea saying they had been shipped. I'm both excited and worried. I wish I lived close enough to her store to pick up my fish but the nearly 2000km between my house and her store make that a bit difficult.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:27 AM   #995 
Setsuna

Nice Hendra! i might get some in the future too but i want to steal yours MOUAHAHAHA lol. Make a 3 min video please!!
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #996 
LittleBettaFish

Haha I am too attached to my pair to ever let anyone steal them. The male is super friendly and always flaring at his neighbour or begging me to feed him.

I can't do videos. I have this camcorder thing my dad lent me but most of the videos I take on it are pretty crappy.

Anyway, here is the male and female together. Just to tease you.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #997 
Setsuna

okay at least tell me where did you buy it from or who did you buy it from please
Old 10-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #998 
LittleBettaFish

I got the pair from a seller called JotyBetta. But Hermanus Haryanto also had pairs available I believe.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:03 AM   #999 
Setsuna

My newest video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nQUEU2rxxE
Old 10-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #1000 
babystarz

The pugnax arrived! They really are large! Everyone is doing well, 2 are males and I think the other 4 are females. The last male jumped when he saw he was going to be put in a bag like the others, so he's still with the seller resting after that adventure.

They are each in 2 gallon buckets (well, one is in a 3 gal Kritter Keeper). The storage container I bought just for them until their tank is ready leaked overnight/all day (yay! I have hardwood floors!) and had lost 1/3 of its water by the time I saw what was happening.

They get really excited about jumping so I duct taped saran wrap over the bucket tops. Tomorrow I'm going to Petco to buy them a tank to live in until I can put them in the 90 gallon. I think I'll probably just get one of those tank/stand combos. I can use it as a fry grow-out when I move the pugs.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote