Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #1021 
LittleBettaFish

I never thought I would like them as much as I did but I always say hello to the male at least a couple of times a day. He seems to enjoy having some human interaction. Either that or he is distracting me from his bubblenest so I don't destroy it like I usually do.

I think they spawned today while there were still fry in the nest as when I did a small water change a few fry with yolk sacs came bobbing out. I really need to get into hatching BBS daily for the fry in there as I have been really slack.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #1022 
LittleBettaFish

Here is my male being grumpy because the brownorum female in the tank next to his keeps aggravating him. You can sort of make out the blurry brown fry in the nest. If you look real close and squint.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:48 AM   #1023 
Setsuna

looks super nice
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:00 AM   #1024 
LittleBettaFish

Thanks. He is pretty low maintenance. I just feed him once or twice a day, give him a daily flare with the mirror and do a 20% water change every 3-4 days and he seems content.

Hmm my brownorum pair are chasing each other around fully coloured up and the female was showing some barring. I so hope they spawn. This species seems to be one of the hardest in this complex to get a successful spawn from and I sold my last pair because I could never get them to spawn.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #1025 
babystarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
Yea, i had the ADA soil first then slowly add new plants as i went along. Then i decided to add a CO2 system. the CO2 tank/bottle cost me 30 at walmart to fill it cost me 5 dollars as for how long it will last me im not sure yet because this is my first time using it so i'll let you know when it runs out im guessing maybe one month or so only because i have a 20gal tank and i run the CO2 day and night.

So wat are you planning to do with your 40? make it a planted community?
Haha, good question! When I bought it I had no plans beyond my immediate need to house the pugs for a couple of months. I will be making it an NPT but as far as what it will be after the pugs are moved, I'm not totally sure yet. I might give channoides a try. I could keep a pretty big community of them in a 40. Or maybe I will reserve the tank as a fry grow-out only. Some of my ocellata juveniles are getting big enough that I might have to split them again. They are doing very well in the blackwater/leaf litter environment I made for them.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:46 AM   #1026 
Setsuna

Any new fishes? POST POST POST!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #1027 
Catie79

I'll contribute, since I'm bored at work.

It's not new fish, Setsuna should recognize them, but I got video of the imbellis crew hunting scuds yesterday.

http://youtu.be/XdlCfePWLd0

My imbellis spawn is looking awesome, about 20 fat little fries staring at me right now, wanting to know when their next meal is.
Catie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:52 AM   #1028 
Setsuna

OMG!!!! you got a spawn that big already? Im jealous haha
Old 11-13-2013, 05:05 AM   #1029 
LittleBettaFish

Congrats on the imbellis spawn! I am lazy with my stiktos and I think I have like one fat fry in there from the dozen or so spawns they have done.

I have had lots of spawning happening here. The one I was most excited about was when my pair of brownorum gave me some fry. I really struggled with this species (seems I am not the only one) and was so relieved when after a year and the sale of my previous pair and purchase of another, I got a spawn.

It also helps that they are incredibly stunning fish.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:19 AM   #1030 
Setsuna

Yea, that looks really good. why are you getting the fishes i that i want! lol beautiful ones too!!!