Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-09-2014, 11:38 PM   #1081 
Aus

I don't mind unis.. :) They're really lovely. But they're pretty common in the hobby already, yes? I guess I was after ones that aren't so much, but often enough that there's people with experience who can help if I need it.. if that-all makes any sense, lol. If I'm to have wilds, I'd like to help species that need the help, and that I can also manage with some confidence as a noob.

I called the store and spoke to Amanda, who said they had a palifina pair I could have, just not sure I want them, as I know literally nothing about that species... and the current lists aren't up to date or something and to email Jodi about what's in stock. She said there might be dennisyongi..

Really, I'd be happy to wait for a pair on the list. But now I'm pondering unis..
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:41 PM   #1082 
Aus

I found some info on breviobesus.. somewhere? can't find the damn link again. Anyway, it had a pic and some info. Will link if I can find it again..

Aha! here 'tis:

http://nicebetta.blogspot.com.au/201...eviobesus.html

pardon my spazzfingered typing..

** pardon* not 'parson'. heh

Last edited by Aus; 01-09-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:43 PM   #1083 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah unimaculata are very common in the hobby at the moment. Mine are going to get put in a basket and dumped on someone's doorstep when they are big enough because otherwise I'll never be rid of them.

Pallifina are from the same complex so care is very similar.

I always find it best to wait for what you really want. I could have gotten uberis and burdigala, but I wanted my hendra and brownorum instead and am happy I made that choice. Nothing worse than getting the fish into your tank and regretting that you didn't purchase something else.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:44 PM   #1084 
LittleBettaFish

Here is some basic info.

http://www.ibcbettas.org/smp/species/breviobesus.html
Old 01-09-2014, 11:57 PM   #1085 
Aus

Yep, think I'll do just that and wait. Since I can only feasibly have 2 wilds tanks running at once, I'd like those to be something at least a bit more in need of help.

So, waiting..

The other tank.. not an imminent concern at all.. I'd like to maybe try taeniata.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:20 PM   #1086 
LittleBettaFish

What do other wild betta people think of this hendra juvenile? I'm thinking it looks like it could be a male as it has a lot of blue coming through and the ventrals are rather long.

Sorry about the juvenile. It was doing the whole "I'm not moving from this spot and if I do it will only be to turn and look at you" thing my wilds seem to have mastered.

At least it is better than the single shot I got of my free-ranging persephone fry. It's one of only two F2 generation fry I have of that species so I have poured all my hopes and dreams into it. Undoubtedly my next update will involve it's death as that always seems to happen.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:37 AM   #1087 
Setsuna

very beautiful!
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:27 AM   #1088 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

This week I read this entire thread through from the beginning, coincidently ending on the day I got my first wilds. I got a pair of channoides tonight, and am super happy. Pics to come.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:30 AM   #1089 
LittleBettaFish

Thanks Setsuna. The hendra juveniles in particular are very lovely. It looks like that juvenile I pictured is a male because he has much more colour through the body than the female does.

I also found a third persephone fry and they are growing bigger every day. I am hoping I can either get a pair from the three I have, or separate out a pair from the adults and work at increasing my current population.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:34 AM   #1090 
Setsuna

New Imbellis Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmUYedWM0eQ

Congrats to you Matt
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote