Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #461 
efg321

Little Betta Fish/ spawns look great

Spawns look great! look at all those persephones.... If you are keeping ALL of them does this make you a betta hoarder????HAHA just kidding best of luck with a little jealousy thrown in....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Persephone juveniles

Unimaculata fry/juveniles

efg321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #462 
LittleBettaFish

I have had such terrible luck with persephone. I have lost two adult pairs and one male so I am so happy to actually have some of my own again finally. I think that being my favourite species it is cursed for me.

Got two spawns on the way I may have to clear room for so I think I am actually reaching hoarder status again. I promised myself I was going to cut back, but we all know how those things work.

Still trying to work out whether to sell/rehome my last splendens. That way I can utilise his tank and heater for more wilds hehehe. Would kill for a coccina and tussyae pair. Then I will have all the fish I (currently) want.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:21 AM   #463 
Setsuna

Longest threat ever on here?
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #464 
babystarz

Haha it's definitely getting up there!

I don't have time to feel guilty about the dead fry apparently; the small ocellata male has his cheeks full of eggs again already. I just added him back to the community tank. I think the dominant female decided not to split her eggs between the two males this time and gave them all to the small males after he proved himself last time. His cheeks are absolutely stuffed! The large male is still eating like a pig XD

I am very impressed with the ocellata. Two spawns and I've only had them since December. Meanwhile my other 4 wild pairs have produced nothing and I've had all but the patoti for 4 months now lol. At least they're pretty to look at.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #465 
efg321

I am very impressed with the ocellata. Two spawns and I've only had them since December.

Thats good news! Maybe I will be able to talk you into parting with some in the future if your pair keep spawning @ this rate!!!!
efg321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #466 
LittleBettaFish

So far the newborn burdigala fry I took out of their parents' tank and put into a bucket, seem to be doing alright. They are still consuming their yolk sacks but are hanging at the surface and not sinking or anything.

There are a few unhatched eggs in with them and as I was doing my torch scan to check over the fry, one of them moved and I can see eyes on a couple others! Hopefully these ones will hatch as well and be alright without dad to care for them.

Never tried to raise fry this young without dad being in the picture but didn't want to risk losing them. My wild-caught pair ate their lot.

My palangkarensis dad is still caring for his eggs and they should be hatching out soon.

Moved my rutilans pair back in with their adult offspring as I have enough rutilans growing out so don't need to be concerned with them spawning. I rarely saw the parents/adults when they were separated. Now they are together I am seeing a few fish out and about all the time.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #467 
blueridge

*jumps in* LBF I have to say I enjoyed your story about saving the Betta Rutilan! *disappers*
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #468 
LittleBettaFish

Haha thanks. He is doing really well apart from when I dropped him yesterday while moving my tank and I thought I had killed him as he hit the metal step of my step-ladder.

He is up now next to my other rutilans although I don't think he is too keen on joining the savages.

How random. Found a bunch of eggs floating at the top of my uberis tank. Male and female aren't paying them the slightest amount of attention so don't know what's up with that. Don't want to move them to a separate tank in case I harm them but I am afraid they might hatch and I might lose the fry.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #469 
BettAsha

So very grateful for finding this post because I've always been interested in wild betta fish and have done some research on them. Once I become a better betta keeper and finish my work on my line then I'll try keeping some of the wild types. I will definitely be keeping up with this thread.
BettAsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #470 
babystarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by efg321 View Post
I am very impressed with the ocellata. Two spawns and I've only had them since December.

Thats good news! Maybe I will be able to talk you into parting with some in the future if your pair keep spawning @ this rate!!!!

I would be happy to send you a pack of juveniles when they/you are ready for extremely cheap (that goes for everyone here). Ocellata are quite easy to keep happy and at up to 5" long they're very beautiful fish to look at even from across the room. Especially because they're not shy at all
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote