Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #621 
efg321

Guess I can no longer call my Guitar Smaragdina shy. Male holds front and center on front glass(site of first nest/spawn). 8 day old fry in tank and they have bred again! I guess Wednesday night is the "new" Saturday night for WHOOPEE! Small nest again Quarter size if that! I guess I was interupting but they did stop for nourishment. Didnt even see the eggs until I was done feeding. Will check this am to see if they went back to it.
efg321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #622 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by efg321 View Post
Guess I can no longer call my Guitar Smaragdina shy. Male holds front and center on front glass(site of first nest/spawn). 8 day old fry in tank and they have bred again! I guess Wednesday night is the "new" Saturday night for WHOOPEE! Small nest again Quarter size if that! I guess I was interupting but they did stop for nourishment. Didnt even see the eggs until I was done feeding. Will check this am to see if they went back to it.
thats great please take pictures for us to see
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #623 
Catie79

My new imbellis are here! I was so relieved to see them since I'm in the Boston area and just about everything is on lockdown today. One male and two females are currently checking out the 10 gallon slice of betta heaven I set up for them. I'll get pictures up as soon as the hubby gets home with the good camera. My cell phone just doesn't cut it.

The trio have already perked up nicely. They all lit up like Christmas trees when they discovered the mini-scuds I'd stashed in the leaf litter. All three are hunting right now and not interested in having their pictures taken.
Catie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #624 
Setsuna

^^ glad someones happy
Old 04-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #625 
Wildbetta

That is awesome! Can't wait to see pics from both Efg321 and Catie79. :D

I have an update as well. My male simplex just released his fry today. And I seen a midas fry in the main tank that somehow must have been released in there sometime back about a month ago. It looks really good and I think I will leave it in the main tank now that it is the size it is now. Even though it is still small enough that the simplex or even the parent midas could eat it, it has hidden and survived thus far so I am willing to see if it can make it.

Pics:

Simplex fry

Betta Midas fry

Wildbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #626 
Setsuna

Very cool
Old 04-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #627 
efg321

Can't wait to see pics from both Efg321 and Catie79. :D

Will try to remember camera from work my cell not so good...Busy weekend Lax and soccer games refereeing for me! Rugby game for my son(Captain of JV team) and play (willie wonka)weekend for my daughter. Who schedules this stuff??? doesnt leave too much fish time!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #628 
LittleBettaFish

Nice fry Wildbetta. I like how big the mouthbrooders are when the male finally releases them. A lot easier to feed from the start than the bubblenesters.

Was in a bad mood about my fish the other day. Have had a few serious things going wrong with some of them this past week, and so I was watching my persephone males sparring in the afternoon sun and got some nice photos out of it.

This was two sisters fighting earlier that day
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #629 
efg321

Was in a bad mood about my fish the other day. Have had a few serious things going wrong with some of them this past week, and so I was watching my persephone males sparring in the afternoon sun and got some nice photos out of it.

Hope that was enough to put a smile back on your face!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #630 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah it was. I have had velvet break out in a few of tanks and then had to euthanise three of my 6/7 month old unimaculata juveniles from some yet to be diagnosed disease. Then I poured one of my uberis juveniles (only a small one) down the sink the other day because I wasn't thinking.

I don't know why my fish keep getting velvet. I know that complex is more susceptible, particularly when young, but it is bloody annoying as I am always such a careful fishkeeper and make sure I do all the right things.

Lucky my persephone, brownorum, burdigala and adult rutilans are all okay. They are on a separate bucket/siphon so I managed not to spread velvet everywhere like last time.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote