Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #731 
LittleBettaFish

I wish I had an official fish smuggler to get me the species I want. Livida, miniopinna, tussyae and coccina. I would have the whole complex then. Unfortunately, I think finding the first two is going to be near impossible.

Got this photo of one of my uberis fry the other day

I'm extremely bummed as I have five juveniles in with the parents, two are identifiable males, one is obviously female but there are also two others I thought were female.

Unfortunately now, one seems to be colouring up and sprouting! I wanted three females darn it. One for my separate wild-caught male and then two for the brothers.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #732 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I wish I had an official fish smuggler to get me the species I want. Livida, miniopinna, tussyae and coccina. I would have the whole complex then. Unfortunately, I think finding the first two is going to be near impossible.

Got this photo of one of my uberis fry the other day

I'm extremely bummed as I have five juveniles in with the parents, two are identifiable males, one is obviously female but there are also two others I thought were female.

Unfortunately now, one seems to be colouring up and sprouting! I wanted three females darn it. One for my separate wild-caught male and then two for the brothers.
looks great ^^
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #733 
Setsuna

My shipment today that i just sent out

Old 05-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #734 
LittleBettaFish

Are they going to a member here? Looks like a pretty pro packing job.

Haha I sent fish once interstate and never again. Buyer didn't want to spring for a heat pack in the middle of winter, and the post office wasn't updating their tracking info so it looked like they got stuck halfway between her place and mine.

Then she never contacted me for days after they arrived so I thought everyone was DOA. Luckily they weren't.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #735 
Setsuna

No, not for a member on here (i think) but it was a member here and give my info out to the buyer to contact me
all my heat packs that i send out is free should i start charging for them? lol
Old 05-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #736 
LittleBettaFish

Well at the time I had no job, and it is a 2km walk there and back to the post office (bus only comes like once every hour during the day) and I had only charged what the express satchel was worth because I had all the other materials.

Because they were a known member on another forum I told them they could pay me when the fish arrived. I literally had to bug them for a week or so after to cough up the money to pay me.

Some people lol
Old 05-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #737 
Setsuna

hahaha.... i always have my buyers pay first before i ship out that way theres no issue along the way

but i wonder watever happen to babystarz
Old 05-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #738 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah. Hopefully it's nothing bad. It is sometimes a worry when previously active members just suddenly stop posting.

Same with Aus, the member who took in my B. strohi juveniles. Haven't seen a post from her or her daughter in ages.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #739 
LittleBettaFish

Haha my B. hendra pair have decided that they like their new bare tank. The floating plants I had in there died from a lack of light so I threw them in the bin. Now the male and female are out all the time swimming around.

I think they want their film canister back in but they are banned from having that in their tank.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #740 
Wildbetta

Love the fry pic LBF!! Although I do understand the disappointment when they sex out the opposite of what you want. Why won't you let the Hendra have their film canister? You know they want it so bad. LOL

Setsuna -- Love your current pics of the individuals of the Splenden complex that you have posted recently. They really show the beauty of the wild types that most people don't get to see even on the internet.
My friend (who is the one getting the Maha females) is sooo excited to get them! I am just pleased to have found someone who I know has great wild bettas (and can get good quality wild bettas) for her since she was having such a hard time finding another female from a good source.
It is up to you on whether or not you charge for a heat pack. Some people just add it in the shipping charge without invoicing it separate and others make it an add on cost.
Wildbetta is offline   Reply With Quote