Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #751 
Hallyx
Reference Team

I'd like to get an Imbellis...maybe a female. Just one, for a pet.

Setsuna, you only ship overnight out of consideration for the fish. I admire that. You ought to include heat/cold packs for the same reason. Raise your rate, if you have to. Anyone who wants one of your fish will understand.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #752 
Wildbetta

Here is some pics of my B. Picta that I got a little less than 2 weeks ago. :)

Wildbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #753 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
I'd like to get an Imbellis...maybe a female. Just one, for a pet.

Setsuna, you only ship overnight out of consideration for the fish. I admire that. You ought to include heat/cold packs for the same reason. Raise your rate, if you have to. Anyone who wants one of your fish will understand.
Yes, all the fish that i ship out is precious to me thats why i only like to ship express i feel that money is not worth a life even tho its just a little fish. All shipping supply's are free when shipping express. If you like a female or a pair for pet i can have it arranged just let me know

Last edited by Setsuna; 05-19-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #754 
LittleBettaFish

Until I became a member of this forum, I always thought everyone shipped by overnight postage. I was surprised to hear some people were content to have their fish floating in the mail for several days.

I always thought it's better to pay the extra money and get the fish ASAP rather than go for the cheaper option and have them endure the stresses of shipping for longer.

Of course if the only option is the longer journey that is fine, but honestly why not choose express (what we call overnight here) when purchasing fish?

Also my B. uberis female looks like her head got run over by a lawn mower. She has a massive infection under the scales on her head and both eyes are swollen and protruding. Poor thing should have let me see her earlier so I could have treated it before it got to this point.

Now she's in hospital and I am praying she heals up.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #755 
Wildbetta

I am on the other end of this discussion as I always choose priority. I haven't yet had any betta losses. I have only really had one or two times that a shipment has had issues and they were both around holidays and even then the fish were alive and well when they arrived. I have no problem with sellers deciding to only ship express as that is their choice and if I really wanted the fish that the seller had, I would gladly pay for express.

LBF -- sorry to hear about your female Uberis. Hopefully she heals up for ya.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #756 
LittleBettaFish

I would be too freaked out to do priority. Some of the species I have, I waited a year or more to get my hands on so I want them coming from the store to my house ASAP haha.

She seems to actually be doing alright. Looks like hell warmed up, but she is moving around more now and responding more to outside stimulus (before she was just sitting and breathing heavily on the bottom).

I have two pictures of her on my site where she looks beautiful and I nearly bawled when I first saw her. Since she is one of my favourites, definitely going to fight for her to get better.

Also your B. picta look like fish my mum would like. One of them has nice blue on his anal fin though.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #757 
Wildbetta

They are a "sister" to the B. Simplex so both are small mouthbrooders of around 3 in. Haven't really gotten to see the male Picta show off his colors really yet so not sure if I think the Simplex is prettier or if the Picta is.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #758 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah my mum has a thing for grey mouthbrooding bettas. She also loves the larger species, and I am trying to talk her out of getting another pair of macrostoma as I can't be bothered with them.

I am steering her towards a nice pair of stiktos (hopefully) as she also wanted a sorority and I said no.

What does your entire set-up look like? I'm always interested in spying on people's fish 'rooms' haha.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #759 
Wildbetta

I will take some updated pics this evening and post them. I understand about wanting to spy. :D
Old 05-20-2013, 03:14 AM   #760 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbetta View Post
They are a "sister" to the B. Simplex so both are small mouthbrooders of around 3 in.
Ahh...I wondered about that seeing his blue-edged anal and caudal. Very stylish animal, that.

I tuned in on a discussion (was it on here?) of longer vs. shorter delivery times. Some of the participants thought that a few extra days enroute caused the fish to be droopy and unresponsive, some did not ever get truly active. But that's just some peoples' observations/opinions online. I'm glad that your experience is positive, WB.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote