Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #851 
babystarz

It's almost impossible to tell when they're really stressed out, but amazing how obvious it becomes when they're colored up. The females do tend to be even more dull when washed out and have kind of a straighter, narrower body than the males do.

What kind of fish store is it? Hopefully they'll work with you on this. And how much are they asking per fish?
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #852 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

It's a decent fish store with fairly knowledgeable employees... They seem like they would help sex them but i never trust pet store workers. They are asking 8$ per fish.

Even I could tell there were at least two obvious males... I just need to be able to get a female.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #853 
Setsuna

babystarz you missed out on alot lol you should go back and check out the pictures and videos.... at one point we was talking about you LMAO
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #854 
babystarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
It's a decent fish store with fairly knowledgeable employees... They seem like they would help sex them but i never trust pet store workers. They are asking 8$ per fish.

Even I could tell there were at least two obvious males... I just need to be able to get a female.
At lest they're not gouging you on the price, I guess the best way to go is one of the obvious males, then try topick out the skinniest fish, as it'll probably be a female.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
babystarz you missed out on alot lol you should go back and check out the pictures and videos.... at one point we was talking about you LMAO
LOL I hope you were saying nice things XD I have caught up a little, it's so nice to see more people getting into breeding wilds :)
Old 07-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #855 
LittleBettaFish

Betta stiktos male. Thanks to Setsuna for putting me into contact with the seller. I tried to get some photos of him flaring but he refused to comply!
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #856 
Setsuna

Hes bad ass Straight wild caught
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post

Betta stiktos male. Thanks to Setsuna for putting me into contact with the seller. I tried to get some photos of him flaring but he refused to comply!
Old 07-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #857 
Setsuna

Smaragdina Juveniles Flaring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DBOHOTXfvk
Old 08-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #858 
babystarz

Gorgeous stiktos :)

I'm all moved. My adults are still in jars awaiting tank planting, which I plant to get done by tomorrow. The babies have always had no substrate so I just plopped them into their tank with all of the plants I saved. About 1/4 of the water is their old water. I only moved 10 blocks from where I was before so I'm pretty sure the water is exactly the same.

I had to dump 4 tanks so I lost all my snails. I'm trying to get some more. The MTS were such useful critters, I don't think I'd ever have a planted tank without them.

I've set up the tanks in front of a window so they get tons of natural light, I'll probably put one of my plant lights over the lower one because it gets a little less light. Hopefully I won't have algae problems.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #859 
babystarz

Has anyone kept betta pugnax? It looks like I might be getting a pair in a few weeks.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #860 
SomeBettaGuy

I'm just getting into Wild Bettas and I've looked all over for info and I couldn't find much, but that's until I found this thread, I think I learned more in 20 minutes here than I ever did for weeks browsing the internet
SomeBettaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote