Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #11 
Hahenry22

You are lucky to have such a nice store close to you! You def got some beauties! Guess I will just have to bite the bullet and order one from somewhere if I want a really unique one like those.
Hahenry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #12 
belphegor

Do you by some chance, live in Virginia? The pet store(s) you stated seems a lot like the store near my place. Haha. If not then sorry, I was curious. :D
belphegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #13 
binx123

Oh WOW, they are amazing! You are very lucky to have gotten those :)
binx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #14 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineiacjay View Post
nel3 - that stinks. it was luck i found this guy, but im glad i did
i found that betta while i still had 5 alive. when my dthm passed that ct i saw was a possiblity though it was nearly a month or 2 since i last saw that ct. im not weak to resist getting more betta when i have availble space for a betta ie 5 max but rather weak when i have less than 5 alive.

ive seen some nice bettas locally and 5 of mine were local barring Nelliel DT (Thailand). one LPS/LRS have very nice ones but no space or type i want. i want a PK next

Last edited by nel3; 10-06-2012 at 10:17 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #15 
Lady Courage

Wow! Your Bettas are gorgeous! I don't know names of colors at all, but I'm loving looking at your lovely fishies. :D The red and white is so striking, especially on the second one with red tips. Platinum with red wash, you said? I'm still learning the colors names, so this is helping me. lol
Lady Courage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #16 
DoctorWhoLuver

Pretty CTs :)
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #17 
LittleFish2012

The first one appears to be a double-double ray. The second is a double-ray. They're both very nice fish you have.
LittleFish2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #18 
maineiacjay

Hahenry22 - there arent too many pet stores around me and most of them are small. the closest petsmart or petco is an hour away. only problem with that are prices, but its nice because they usually order anything they dont have for customers. my fiance orders a bunch of things for his chinchilla =)

belphegor - no, i live in New Hampshire, away from the cities, so there are a lot of smaller places.

binx123, DoctorWhoLuver - thanks =)

nel3 - currently, i have 4 male bettas (blue VT, blue/white big ear/elephant ear DT, and the two above) and 1 female (blue VT). my fiance has a blue/red CT i bought him in Maine. as stated, ive got a couple females coming and then i will be good for a while so i have plenty of space for the fry =)

Lady_Courage - thanks! im getting better at it. the forums have really been helping and i have also been looking into the genetics too, which has been really helpful!

LittleFish2012 - most people i have asked say both are double double rays. i am going to try and get more photos of them
maineiacjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #19 
crowntaillove

Quote:
Originally Posted by belphegor View Post
Do you by some chance, live in Virginia? The pet store(s) you stated seems a lot like the store near my place. Haha. If not then sorry, I was curious. :D
I'm from VA. What store are you referring to?
crowntaillove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #20 
maineiacjay

hi again all! im still getting the hang of the colors of bettas. just got this guy, wondering what the color would be classified as?

the brightness was turned up but the color is true in the photo, almost a really deep blue or maybe even green?

thanks all for your continued help!
Jay
maineiacjay is offline   Reply With Quote