Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #1 
megaredize

Talking Got my first PK! Is he a dragon scale?

I finally got my first PK! On Wednesday I went to my LFS and asked them if they are able to get any other types of bettas because they only ever have veiltail and crowntail. They said yes and asked what I was looking for I said a plakat and they had no idea so she showed me her book that I guess they use to order their stock and it was called short finned betta not plakat lol which I found a bit funny so I said ya I want that.

She didn't understand why, she joked that I should just get a female if I liked the short fins but that is not the same. So she said she would call their warehouse and see if they had some on hand because if they had some on hand I could get one no problem. If they had to make an order they are forced to order them in groups of 80 which is insane what are they gonna do with 80 bettas. So she said come back friday. Oh and she asked if I had a colour preference but I was like uh I dunno a nice one lol so she said she would ask for the nicest.

Anyways I figured she had an answer for me today so I went in today and it wasn't the same one but I know this one too so I said how I was told to come back for a short fined betta and she turns and shows me a cup and I'm like OMG you already got him! I'm almost broke cause I don't get paid till next week. lol So I was like how much and she was like I don't know. Tries to call the owner and the original girl who got him for me and they are both on lunch and left their phones at the store. We could hear them ringing lol so I was like damn I want my fish its MY fish lol. We waited for an hour. Then my fiance was like well lets go, so he told the lady how about you take our 10 bucks and if we owe you more you will get next week. We are there on a weekly basis anyways. They sell their crowntails for 7.99 so I thought they would be around that price. So thankfully she decided to take the 10 and my info. Haven't had a call from them so I don't know lol Either way there ends my story lol

Here he is, he is awesome and he is my 5 gallon fluval spec. I think he might be a dragon scale. I'm kinda bad at telling the scale types. Oh and I don't have a name for him.

megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #2 
VictorP

Yeah he's a monster/dragon pk maybe hmpk I can't see the branching. Overall he's a nice find!
VictorP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #3 
megaredize

Ok nice. TY, i dont think hes a halfmoon though because i saw his fins more open than what these pics show and i dont think he has the full scale of a HM
Old 10-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #4 
megaredize

oh and here is my video i made of him if anyone cares to watch lol http://youtu.be/gyLQWjbDjSU
Old 10-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #5 
megaredize

I guess he is a dragon no one has told me no and i think myself and Victor here have identified him. He is quite awesome. i love the plakats wish i saw them before. oh well. its fun to watch him swim because he is so much faster than my others. i think he likes my spec. doesnt seem to mind the flow and hes not flaring at his reflection which is good. I have named him Dragu lol i was just going to call him dragon but thought was kind of lame. so today i thought of dragu.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #6 
fleetfish

He's lovely! So nice of the petstore to do that for you!
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #7 
megaredize

it was nice and now i know if i ever want another i can get one :)
Old 10-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #8 
DoctorWhoLuver

Definitely a dragon :) Pretty boy :)
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #9 
Laki

Most def a dragon scale bicolor. I love him!! I think that's a route I can take to see about getting one too, thanks for the idea! I love his name too <3
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #10 
kfryman

Haha, He almost looks like Mars, except Mars is a HMPK and has a tad more complete dragon scaling. Though when I got him his scales were more like your boy. So maybe good food will help and maturity?

I love plakats, I don't think I will ever get a long finned male. Congrats on getting him though.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote